Help Calm Your Dog
during thunderstorms and fireworks
You can help keep your dog calm during storms and fireworks, when you are prepared ahead of time for the loud noises.
Storms and fireworks can be beautiful and fun for humans, but pets and fireworks or other loud noises are not a good combination.
Whether your dog gets mildly anxious or has full blown panic attacks, you will want to do what you can to relieve the stress.
Tips To Calm Your Dog During Storms & Fireworks
- Give your dog with extra love and attention before the noise starts & when it is loud.
- Make sure your dog has a safe space that works for them – under a bed, in a crate, on your lap …
- Get your pup a Thundershirt to help them feel snug and comforted.
- Give your dog anti-anxiety treats.
- Distract them with white noise, music or a movie.
- Try natural remedies like Bach Rescue Remedy or Richards Organics Pet Calm.
If this is your first Summer with your dog, it may take some time to figure out what works best for them.
Once you’ve been through the stress inducing noises a few times, you’ll be able to establish an anti-anxiety routine to make everyone happier!
More from Mama Likes This
Following are fantastic gift ideas for the whole family, so check them out before you shop.
Take a look at my other entertainment articles, so you can keep up with the latest TV, movie and book news.
Check out my free printables., when you are looking for activities to do at home.
Some are educational and some are just plain fun.
There are coloring pages, crafts, word puzzles, mazes, memory games and other family friendly activities.