by F.J. Lennon
Pub. date 8/7/12
Description: Some places are doomed to be haunted . . .Twenty-eight-year-old Kane Pryce used to have one of the strangest jobs in the world—capturing and exorcising spirits from people’s lives. After the stress of the job finally got to him, he left ghost hunting and has been busy reinventing himself as the lead guitarist of a band on the brink of success. But it isn’t long before Kane is asked to investigate a case involving Pasadena’s infamous Suicide Bridge, and gets sucked back into the supernatural realm. A mysterious force is luring hopeless victims to their death off the bridge, and Kane must discover what power is keeping the lost souls trapped there.
As Kane uncovers the sinister, deadly secrets of the bridge, he spirals into the dangerous, shadowy world of the occult—the seedy underground world of the Hollywood music scene, tumultuous romances, and maddening journeys into the shattered minds of suicide victims
This is a fictional novel, but it’s based on a very real real bridge and the lore surrounding it. Native American legend says the the bridge and nearby dam are cursed. Real life experiences and the approximately 200 suicides at the Devil’s Gate Bridge in Pasadena, California seem to indicate that it isn’t just a story.
F.J. Lennon has crafted a compelling novel that is based partly on fact and partly on imagination. It’s easy to get caught up in the story and there is no clear line between reality and fiction. The author has obviously added a fictional story and characters, but we may never know exactly what’s going on around Devil’s Gate.
Whether you believe in the supernatural or think of it as fictional entertainment, the book is an enjoyable read.
PRIZE – Devil’s Gate – ARV $15
Here’s how to enter to win ….
***MANDATORY ENTRY: Leave a comment – just say something nice ***
Optional Bonus Entries: (must do main entry first – post a separate comment for each bonus entry)
* Like Sweeps4Bloggers on Facebook
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by email (green sidebar button)
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by reader (Orange sidebar button)
* Post my button on your blog and comment with the link
* Follow Sweeps4Bloggers on Twitter
* Tweet about the giveaway and comment with the link to your tweet (you may TWEET DAILY for 1 bonus entry each day)
* Post on your blog/website about the giveaway and comment with the link (5 entries)
* Check out Giveaways4Prizes today – either add one of your giveaways to a linky or look at a giveaway that’s listed (2 entries, leave 2 comments)
* Enter the Unreal Candy Giveaway (ends 8/29)
* Enter another current Sweeps4Bloggers giveaway and let me know which one you entered (enter as many as you’d like, but only 1 bonus entry)
Giveaway ends August 30, 2012 at 8pm Pacific Time. Giveaway is open for residents of the US only. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to notification with shipping info and claim prize – if no response, another winner will be chosen . Subject to the official rules. No purchase necessary – void where prohibited by law. Disclaimer/Disclosure: Review sample and prize provided by the giveaway sponsor.