About: We at Blue Platypus strive to create a balance between kitsch, natural elements, clean shapes, and wearability. We are mid-century modernists at heart, although we find inspiration in various places. Our biggest inspiration is probably vintage furniture and clothing (mostly 1920s to 1970s). Furniture by Ray and Charles Eames, Eero Saarinen, and Heywood Wakefield heads up our list. Other inspirations include paintings by Shag and architecture by Frank Gehry as well as the ever-fabulous Frank Lloyd Wright.
Blue Platypus apparel is artsy and fun! I love the unique designs, colors and styles.
There are so many cute shirts that I had a hard time deciding what to get, so I got opinions from others. The unanimous choice for me was the Fluffy New Dandy Grey tee.
The dandelion print is very fun. From a distance it looks like 3 fluffy dandelions that are waiting for me to make a wish. When you’re up close, you can see the detail in the dandelions. It’s an intricate lacy looking flower pattern. The white part of the design is flocked and soft.
The t-shirt itself is a nice girly fit – tapered at the waist and a little flared at the hips. The fabric is soft and has a little bit of stretch to it. They include the measurements, so I was able to get a great fit. The shirt is comfortable and fun!
These are t-shirts that don’t look like “just” a t-shirt. They’ve got lots of style!
PRIZE – Blue Platypus would like to give a tee to 1 of you – choice of t-shirt up to a $32 value.
***MANDATORY ENTRY: Leave a comment – just say something nice ***
Extra Credit Entries: (must do mandatory entry first- post a separate comment for each optional extra credit entry)
* Like Sweeps4Bloggers on Facebook
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by email (green sidebar button)
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by reader (Orange sidebar button)
* Post my button on your blog and comment with the link
* Follow Sweeps4Bloggers on Twitter
* Tweet about the giveaway and comment with the link to your tweet (you may TWEET DAILY for 1 bonus entry each day)
* Post on your blog/website about the giveaway and comment with the link (5 entries, leave 5 comments)
* Check out Giveaways4Prizes– add one of your giveaways to a linky or look at what’s listed (2 entries, leave 2 comments)
* Follow Blue Platypus on Twitter
* Like Blue Platypus on Facebook
* Enter the Wholly Guacamole giveaway (ends 6/3)
* Enter another current Sweeps4Bloggers giveaway and let me know which one you entered (enter as many as you’d like, but only 1 bonus entry)
Giveaway ends June 4, 2011 at 8pm Pacific Time. Giveaway is open for residents of the US only. No purchase necessary – void where prohibited by law. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to email notification with shipping info and claim prize – if no response, another winner will be chosen . Subject to the official rules. Disclaimer/Disclosure: Sample and prize provided by sponsor.