I have always loved Breyer toy horses. When I was growing up, a neighborhood friend had a huge collection. We would spend hours creating imaginative adventures for the horses.
I was thrilled when I saw that Breyer has special Pink Ribbon Horse to help raise awareness and funds for breast cancer charities.
About: The horse, long a symbol of strength and beauty, is for many people, a healing force in their lives. Breyer has always believed in the healing power of the horse and the restorative benefits of horse-related activities – mentally, spiritually and physically. And we’ve always believed that there is inherently a special bond between women and horses. That is why Breyer has chosen to create this beautiful decorative model horse to symbolize hope and to raise funds for a cure against a disease that affects women: breast cancer. Every 68 seconds, somewhere in the world, a woman will lose her fight against breast cancer. In the U.S. alone, one in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime. The pink ribbon is embraced as a universal symbol in the fight against this disease and we have artfully connected that symbol with the art form we love best – the horse – to symbolize the race for the cure.
The horse is absolutely beautiful! It’s muscular body and determined face symbolize and strength and power. The pink ribbon designs on the body are hopeful. This powerful creature is moving forward with strength and grace – it’s mane and tail flying in the wind racing towards a cure.
It was fun to bring back memories looking at the toy horses on the site. They also have fun activity kits, accessories, plush and even horse Christmas ornaments.
HOW TO CONNECT – You can like Breyer on Facebook and follow them on Twitter.
CHARITY – Breyer will donate $1 from the sale of each pink ribbon horse model to two outstanding breast cancer research organizations: Susan G. Komen for the Cure® and the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
PRIZE ALERT – Breyer would like to give 1 of you your choice of a horse collectibles item up to a $50 value. You can choose a Pink Ribbon Horse or another item.
Here’s what ya gotta do to enter to win ….
***MANDATORY ENTRY: For your main entry, comment about a favorite item at Breyer***
Extra Credit Entries: (must do mandatory entry first- post a separate comment for each optional extra credit entry)
* Like Sweeps4Bloggers on Facebook
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by email (green sidebar button)
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by reader (Orange sidebar button)
* Post my button on your blog and comment with the link
* Follow Sweeps4Bloggers on Twitter
* Tweet about the giveaway and comment with the link to your tweet (you may TWEET DAILY for 1 bonus entry each day)
* Post on your blog/website about the giveaway and comment with the link (5 entries, leave 5 comments)
* Check out Giveaways4Prizes today – either add one of your giveaways to a linky or check out one of the giveaways that’s listed (2 entries, leave 2 comments telling me what you did)
* Like Breyer on Facebook
* Follow Breyer on Twitter
* Enter the Psi Bands giveaway (ends 10/14)
* Enter another current Sweeps4Bloggers giveaway and let me know which one you entered (enter as many as you’d like, but only 1 bonus entry)
Giveaway ends October 15, 2010 at 8pm Pacific Time. Giveaway is open for residents of the US only. No purchase necessary – void where prohibited by law. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to notification with shipping info and claim prize – if no response, another winner will be chosen . Subject to the official rules. Disclaimer/Disclosure: Sample and prize provided by the giveaway sponsor.