Oh, these bears and other furry friends are fabulous! Build-A-Bear has an incredible selection of stuffed bears and other animals that boys, girls and adults can fall in love with! It’s fun to shop for them online or can be an amazing experience to shop in one of their retail stores.
They have bears, cats, dogs, zoo animals, licensed characters and more. They are always coming up with new plush and new accessories so that kids can make their Build-A-Bear suit their unique personality. You can even get Build-A-Bears for Valentine’s Day and other holidays. They are perfect for giving warm snuggly feelings of love and friendship.
I was so excited when I saw that Build-A-Bear was coming out with a line of Alvin and the Chipmunks friends! I’ve had a crush on Alvin ever since I was little – singing along with the Chipmunks record on my plastic record player. Yes, that’s a long time ago. My friends and I would play ‘Chipmunks’ – each of us pretending to be a different character. I always wanted to be Alvin, but somehow ended up being Simon most of the time.
These characters were just released in December – not sure how long they are going to be around since their characters don’t usually stay around forever. They have:
- Alvin – You can make your own Alvin with his red initial hoodies
- Mini Simon – This smart guy has a blue hoodie and his cute glasses.
- Mini Theodore – He’s cute and cuddly and wears a green hoodie.
- Mini Brittany – She’s got big bright eyes and a cute pink outfit.
They are all adorable and very well made – just like I expected. Their bodies, tails and ‘hair’ are very soft and the bodies are hugable. Their faces are very expressive and sweet. They are wearing the traditional chipmunks clothing, but it can be removed and changed with other Build-A-Bear extras.
Alvin is the regular 15 inch Build-A-Bear size and the others are called Minis, but they are much bigger than what I think of when I think of a mini stuffed animal. They are approx. 10 inches tall, so they are smaller than others but are definitely not tiny.
The Chipmunks arrived in one of Build-A-Bears special Cub Condo carrying boxes that can be colored and played with.
These new Alvin and The Chipmunks furry friends are sure to be treasured. If you can go to a Build-A-Bear Workshop for the whole experience, I’d recommend that (your kids will love you!). But… shopping online is easy and having Alvin or another toy delivered is a lot of fun, too!
PRIZE ALERT – Build-A-Bear would like to give one of you an Alvin & The Chipmunks set – Alvin, Simon, Theodore and Brittany (ARV $48)
Here’s what ya gotta do to enter to win ….
***MAIN ENTRY: For your main entry, check out Build-A-Bear and comment with another favorite friend***
Extra Credit Entries: (must do main entry first- post a separate comment for each extra credit entry)
* Post my new button on your blog and comment with the link
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by email
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by a reader
* Subscribe to the Build-A-Bear Workshop Newsletter
* Follow Me on Twitter and tweet about the giveaway and comment with the link to your tweet (you may TWEET DAILY for 1 bonus entry each day)
* Follow Build-A-Bear Workshop on Twitter
* Fan Build-A-Bear Workshop on Facebook
* Post on your blog about the giveaway and comment with the link (5 entries)
* Enter another one of my giveaways and let me know which one you entered (enter as many as you’d like, but only 1 bonus entry)
Giveaway ends on January 22, 2010 at 8pm Pacific Time. Giveaway is open for US & Canadian mailing addresses only. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to notification with shipping info – if no response, another winner will be chosen . Subject to the official rules. No purchase necessary – void where prohibited by law. Disclaimer/Disclosure: Review product was provided to me.