About: The TemporalScanner Thermometer is a totally non-invasive system with advanced infrared technology providing maximum ease of use with quick, consistently accurate measurements. Advanced, patented technology measures temperatures with a gentle stroke across the forehead.
I’m not a big fan of traditional methods of taking temperatures. With an oral thermometer, it’s hard to know if you’re getting an accurate reading. Was it in the right position? Was it in long enough? Did that popsicle or cup of hot tea make it read lower or higher than it really is? Then there’s the armpit method, which again has accuracy issues. And a rectal thermometer? Let’s not go there ….
Usually, I resort to the mom method of feeling the forehead and am fully aware that this is not accurate.
Fortunately, Exergen has come up with a non-invasive alternative that is as easy as my forehead feeling method, but is much much more accurate!
You can read the technical details on how this works on their site and the product packaging. It does work and it is accurate! A quick scan can give me the information I need.
The Temporal Thermometer is ideal for infants and children – so much easier than other methods! But really, it’s good for the whole family. It takes the guess work out of taking temperatures.
Exergen is a good investment for your family. For the price of my regular co-pay (about $50), I can easily assess and monitor the health of my children and me. I can make informed decisions about care at home and will have accurate information to give to our healthcare providers.
PRIZE ALERT – Exergen would like to give and Exergen Temporal Thermometer to 1 of you (ARV $49.99)
Here’s what ya gotta do to enter to win ….
***MANDATORY ENTRY: For your main entry, comment about Exergen***
Extra Credit Entries: (must do mandatory entry first- post a separate comment for each optional extra credit entry)
* Like Sweeps4Bloggers on Facebook
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by email (green sidebar button)
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by reader (Orange sidebar button)
* Post my button on your blog and comment with the link
* Follow Sweeps4Bloggers on Twitter
* Tweet about the giveaway and comment with the link to your tweet (you may TWEET DAILY for 1 bonus entry each day)
* Post on your blog/website about the giveaway and comment with the link (5 entries, leave 5 comments)
* Check out Giveaways4Prizes today – either add one of your giveaways to a linky or check out one of the giveaways that’s listed (2 entries, leave 2 comments telling me what you did)
* Follow Exergen on Twitter
* Like Exergen on Facebook
* Enter the MD Moms giveaway
* Enter another current Sweeps4Bloggers giveaway and let me know which one you entered (enter as many as you’d like, but only 1 bonus entry)
Giveaway ends October 2, 2010 at 8pm Pacific Time. Giveaway is open for residents of the US only. No purchase necessary – void where prohibited by law. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to notification with shipping info and claim prize – if no response, another winner will be chosen . Subject to the official rules. Disclaimer/Disclosure: Sample and prize provided by the giveaway sponsor.