Love Lost to the Long Goodbye of Alzheimer’s
by Barry Petersen
Fwd by Katie Couric
Pub. date 6/15/10
Book description: Imagine hearing these words: “She has Alzheimer’s.” Now imagine that “she” is vibrant, active, loving, healthy… and just 55. Acclaimed CBS News reporter Barry Petersen, writes about hearing the unimaginable: what it meant, what it still means, what he did—and didn’t do—and how this beautiful love story needs to be read by the thousands of families who have already heard that same devastating diagnosis… EARLY ONSET ALZHEIMER’S. Jan’s Story is a full, rich story of two people—and thousands like them—for who “forever” suddenly and terrifyingly has an expiration date.
OK. This was a tear jerker for me. I can’t imagine how difficult it would be to lose a spouse to Alzheimer’s. Not that it would be easy at any age…. 55 seems very young.
This touching memoir is a tribute to the love this couple shared and a thought provoking look at the difficult personal decisions that were made. Not everyone would make the same decisions, but I believe that Jan would be happy with the choices that her husband made.
This would be fascinating to read and discuss with your spouse or with a group.
WHERE TO BUY – Jan’s story is available at a discount on Amazon.
PRIZE ALERT – The publicist would like to give Jan’s Story to 1 of you (ARV $15.95)
Here’s what ya gotta do to enter to win ….
***MAIN ENTRY: For your main entry, comment about the book or Alzheimer’s***
Extra Credit Entries: (must do main entry first- post a separate comment for each extra credit entry)
* Like Sweeps4Bloggers on Facebook
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by email (green sidebar button)
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by reader (Orange sidebar button)
* Post my button on your blog and comment with the link
* Follow Me on Twitter
* Tweet about the giveaway and comment with the link to your tweet (you may TWEET DAILY for 1 bonus entry each day)
* Post on your blog/website about the giveaway and comment with the link (5 entries)
* Enter the Flat Iron Experts giveaway
* Enter another one of my giveaways and let me know which one you entered (enter as many as you’d like, but only 1 bonus entry)
Giveaway ends on July 8, 2010 at 8pm Pacific Time. Giveaway is open for residents of the US and Canada only. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to notification with shipping info and claim prize – if no response, another winner will be chosen . Subject to the official rules. No purchase necessary – void where prohibited by law. Disclaimer/Disclosure: Review product and prize provided by the giveaway sponsor.