I Before E (Except After C)
The Young Readers Edition
by Susan Randol
Pub. date 11/10/11
Description: Memory Tricks Made Easy! How can you possibly remember everything you’re supposed to know? Simple! Use the memory tricks within these pages. This fun, informative guide teaches you smart ways to remember all the stuff you’re learning about in school. So whether you get tripped up by the spelling of a word that makes no sense or the fact that 13 colonies are way too many to remember, I Before E (Except After C) will teach you cool ways to remember it all.
I always love these Reader’s Digest books. They skillfully transform difficult or confusing material into something that is easy to understand and easy to remember.
This Young Reader’s Edition is written for children ages 9 and up. There is also an adult version of the book, but this one can work for both adults and kids. It’s got cute illustrations and kid appeal, but adults can also benefit from the tips on how to remember these facts.
The chapters include:
- Day and Night
- Our Planet
- Reading and Writing
- The Mysteries of History
- Magical Math
- The Sounds of Music
All of the sections are interesting, if you just want to read the book for fun. They are also very helpful to refer to, if you need specific information. I especially liked the spelling section.
WHERE TO BUY – The book is available on Amazon.
PRIZE – I Before E (Except After C) – ARV $10
Here’s what ya gotta do to enter to win ….
***MANDATORY ENTRY: Leave a comment – just say something nice ***
Optional Bonus Entries: (must do main entry first – post a separate comment for each bonus entry)
* Fan the Sweeps4Bloggers Facebook Page
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by email (green sidebar button)
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by reader (Orange sidebar button)
* Post my button on your blog and comment with the link
* Follow Sweeps4Bloggers on Twitter
* Tweet about the giveaway and comment with the link to your tweet (you may TWEET DAILY for 1 bonus entry each day)
* Post on your blog/website about the giveaway and comment with the link (5 entries)
* Check out Giveaways4Prizes today – either add one of your giveaways to a linky or look at a giveaway that’s listed (2 entries, leave 2 comments)
* Enter the Lucky Puppy giveaway
* Enter another current Sweeps4Bloggers giveaway and let me know which one you entered (enter as many as you’d like, but only 1 bonus entry)
Giveaway ends January 26, 2012 at 8pm Pacific Time. Giveaway is open for residents of the US only. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to notification with shipping info and claim prize – if no response, another winner will be chosen . Subject to the official rules. No purchase necessary – void where prohibited by law. Disclaimer/Disclosure: Review sample and prize provided by the giveaway sponsor.