About: Denver, Colorado-based RuMe was launched on Earth Day 2008 to meet the growing need of environmentally conscious consumers who don’t want to sacrifice style and functionality.
Surrounded by the majestic Rocky Mountains and influenced by the environmentally-sensitive Colorado climate, RuMe emerged out of the growing consumer desire for sensible, affordable products that use less, by ReUsing more.
The RuMe team merges a diverse background in international manufacturing, graphic design, advertising, and product branding, to bring global-friendly products, manufactured under strict fair trade practices that are as stylish as they are useful.
RuMe makes some fabulous grocery bags, but they also make much much more.
Each bag is stylish. There are solid colors (brights and metallics) and fun prints (a picture or an all over pattern). The fabric is very strong and they are sewn together well. They are all really lightweight and very small when not in use – easy to pop in a purse, diaper bag, glove box or backpack.
RuMe has products available to meet a variety of bag needs – for shopping or toting lunches or other necessities. Here are some of my favorites:
- The All – This is the big one that can hold up to 50 pounds. It zips closed and can be used as a gym bag, book bag, carry-on luggage … There is a zipper pocket and 2 side pockets for a water bottle or other gear. I was surprised how light this is – only 3 ounces! (yes, I weighed it)
- Baggies and Pockets – These are very versatile. You could use it for cosmetics, travel items, school supplies … My favorite way to use these is for food. They’re machine washable and food safe for dry food items, so I can use them when I’m packing lunches or a snack. And I can used them when I’m buying bulk foods like nuts or grains at the grocery store.
- The Cuff – This cute little invention has a zipper pocket and can be used as a coffee sleeve or worn on an arm.
The other bags are great for all of my shopping – not just at the grocery store. They would also be great to use for wrapping gifts. I like that there are small and large sizes. And the colors and prints look great!
DEAL ALERT – Free shipping on orders of $50 or more – see site for details.
PRIZE ALERT – RuMe would like to give a prize package to ***3*** of you – will include an assortment of bags (ARV $50)
Here’s what ya gotta do to enter to win ….
***MANDATORY ENTRY: For your main entry, comment with a favorite RuMe bag**
Extra Credit Entries: (must do mandatory entry first- post a separate comment for each optional extra credit entry)
* Like Sweeps4Bloggers on Facebook
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by email (green sidebar button)
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by reader (Orange sidebar button)
* Post my button on your blog and comment with the link
* Follow Sweeps4Bloggers on Twitter
* Tweet about the giveaway and comment with the link to your tweet (you may TWEET DAILY for 1 bonus entry each day)
* Post on your blog/website about the giveaway and comment with the link (5 entries, leave 5 comments)
* Like RuMe on Facebook
* Follow RuMe on Twitter
* Subscribe to the RuMe newsletter
* Enter the Scrubbing Bubbles Giveaway
* Enter another current Sweeps4Bloggers giveaway and let me know which one you entered (enter as many as you’d like, but only 1 bonus entry)
Giveaway ends September 3, 2010 at 8pm Pacific Time. Giveaway is open for residents of the US only. No purchase necessary – void where prohibited by law. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to notification with shipping info and claim prize – if no response, another winner will be chosen . Subject to the official rules. Disclaimer/Disclosure: Sample and prize provided by the giveaway sponsor. No monetary compensation received.