The First Husband
by Laura Dave
Pub. date 4/24/12
Description: Los Angeles- based travel writer Annie Adams thinks she has it all: Nick, her longtime film director boyfriend, has finally hit the big time, her column is nationally syndicated, and they’ve got a great dog. Life is good — until Nick announces that he’s reconnected with a woman from his past and he’s moving out.
Reeling from his exit, Annie meets Griffin, a down-to-earth chef who’s everything she didn’t know she wanted. Three months later, they’re married and living in the Berkshires. But Annie wonders if she’s picked a life on the rebound. When Nick asks for a second chance, Annie’s stuck — torn between her husband and the man she thought she’d marry.
The First Husband is a fun escape. It’s nice to get caught up in someone else’s life and take a break from your own everyday issues.
The book feels comfortable. I don’t know people exactly like the characters, but it feels as if I could. Annie is a like-able character who is easy to relate to. Throughout the novel, it felt as if she was a good friend who I wanted to encourage and cheer on and she figures out what’s best for her.
This is a great vacation read. It’s hard to put down and is an entertaining, humorous and thought provoking break from reality.
HOW TO CONNECT – You can follow the author on Twitter.
WHERE TO BUY – The book is available at a discount on Amazon.
PRIZE – The First Husband – ARV $15
Here’s what you need to do to enter to win ….
***MANDATORY ENTRY: Leave a comment – just say something nice ***
Optional Bonus Entries: (must do mandatory entry first- post a separate comment for each bonus entry)
* Like Sweeps4Bloggers on Facebook
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by email (green sidebar button)
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by reader (Orange sidebar button)
* Post my button on your blog and comment with the link
* Follow Sweeps4Bloggers on Twitter
* Tweet about the giveaway and comment with the link to your tweet (you may TWEET DAILY for 1 bonus entry each day)
* Post on your blog/website about the giveaway and comment with the link (5 entries, leave 5 comments)
* Check out Giveaways4Prizes– add one of your giveaways to a linky or look at what’s listed (2 entries, leave 2 comments)
* Follow Laura Dave on Twitter
* Enter the Yo Gabba Gabba giveaway (ends 5/4)
* Enter another current Sweeps4Bloggers giveaway and let me know which one you entered (enter as many as you’d like, but only 1 bonus entry)
Giveaway ends May 5, 2012 at 8pm Pacific Time. Giveaway is open for residents of the US only. No purchase necessary – void where prohibited by law. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to notification with shipping info and claim prize – if no response, another winner will be chosen . Subject to the official rules. Disclaimer/Disclosure: Sample and prize provided by the giveaway sponsor.