The Lost Girls:
Three Friends. Four Continents. One Unconventional Detour.
by Jennifer Baggett, Holly Corbett and Amanda Pressner
Pub. date 5/11/10
Description: Jen, Holly, and Amanda are at a crossroads. They’re feeling the pressure to hit certain milestones—scoring a big promotion, finding a soul mate, having 2.2 kids—before they reach their early thirties. When personal challenges force them to reevaluate their lives, they decide it’s now or never to do something daring. Unable to gain perspective in fast-paced Manhattan, the three twentysomethings quit their coveted media jobs and leave behind their friends, boyfriends, and everything familiar to travel the globe. Dubbing themselves the Lost Girls, they embark on an epic yearlong search for inspiration and direction.
This candid and compelling memoir will speak to anyone who has ever felt the desire to spread her wings and discover the world with her best friends by her side.
This is a fantastic memoir! I think most of us have been where these women were… feeling stressed and dreaming of adventure. For most of us, it’s just a dream that ends with our late night conversations.
But these women actually had the guts to follow through. And for that, I commend them!
Their journey is interesting and cause for reflection about where we have been, where we are and where we are going.
WHERE TO BUY – The Lost Girls is available at a discount on Amazon.
Here’s what ya gotta do to enter to win ….
***MAIN ENTRY: For your main entry, comment about the book or authors***
Extra Credit Entries: (must do main entry first- post a separate comment for each extra credit entry)
* Like Sweeps4Bloggers on Facebook
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by email (green sidebar button)
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by reader (Orange sidebar button)
* Post my button on your blog and comment with the link
* Follow Sweeps4Bloggers on Twitter
* Tweet about the giveaway and comment with the link to your tweet (you may TWEET DAILY for 1 bonus entry each day)
* Post on your blog/website about the giveaway and comment with the link (5 entries)
* Subscribe to a Harper Collins newsletter
* Like The Lost Girls on Facebook
* Enter the Crocs Giveaway (ends 8/6)
* Enter another one of my current giveaways and let me know which one you entered (enter as many as you’d like, but only 1 bonus entry)
Giveaway ends August 7, 2010 at 8pm Pacific Time. Giveaway is open for residents of the US and Canada only. No purchase necessary – void where prohibited by law. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to notification with shipping info and claim prize – if no response, another winner will be chosen . Subject to the official rules. Disclaimer/Disclosure: Sample and prize provided by the giveaway sponsor. No monetary compensation received.