Yummy Yummy! I’ve seen Tortuga Rum Cakes online and in retail stores, but this was my first time to try these delicious products. The cakes are made in the Cayman Islands, Bahamas, Jamaica and Barbados and eating them makes me feel like I’m on vacation.
Cake: You’ve probably heard of their Original Rum Cake. It has walnuts and is moist and flavorful . I also got to try a Key Lime Rum Cake that was out of this world…think I could eat a whole cake by myself in one sitting! They’ve also got other varieties available: Chocolate, Coconut, Banana, Pineapple and Cinnamon Raisin.
Coffee: Mmmm I love my coffee and Tortuga has some unique varieties. Chocolate Cinnarum is fabulous!!! The chocolate and cinnamon flavors are strong and it has a smooth hint of rum. The coffee is fresh and it smells wonderful even before it’s brewed.
Sauce: A tasty sauce can give any dish a fun caribbean flavor. My oldest loves his spicy food, so he was happy to try out Tortuga’s Hell-Fire sauce. It’s a beautiful yellow color and is made with Scotch Bonnet peppers – yes, they are hot! I tasted a very tiny bit – just enough to get a little flavor and to know that it really is HOT. My son loves it and thinks I’m a wimp ;)
Tortuga Rum Cakes products make excellent gifts or treats for special occasions. They have a bunch of gifty assortments put together. You can even join one of their cake clubs to get regular cake deliveries for 3, 6 or 12 months.
PRIZE ALERT – Tortuga Rum Company would like to give a Picnic Pack to 1 of you – 16oz Original Golden Rum Cake + Caribbean Sauce Pack – Jerk Sauce, Hell-Fire Sauce & Gourmet Steak Sauce (5oz ea.) with recipes, + 10oz Pepper Jelly (ARV $38.50)
Here’s what ya gotta do to enter to win ….
***MAIN ENTRY: For your main entry, comment with another Tortuga Rum Company product you would like to try**
Extra Credit Entries: (must do main entry first- post a separate comment for each extra credit entry)
* Like Sweeps4Bloggers on Facebook
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers (Orange sidebar button for RSS and/or green button for email)
* Post my button on your blog and comment with the link
* Follow Me on Twitter
* Tweet about the giveaway and comment with the link to your tweet (you may TWEET DAILY for 1 bonus entry each day)
* Follow Tortuga Rum Cake on Twitter
* Like Tortuga Rum Cake on Facebook
* Subscribe to the Tortuga newsletter
* Post on your blog/website about the giveaway and comment with the link (5 entries)
* Enter my zpizza giveaway (ends 6/4)
* Enter another one of my current giveaways and let me know which one you entered (enter as many as you’d like, but only 1 bonus entry)
Giveaway ends on June 6, 2010 at 8pm Pacific Time. Giveaway is open for residents of the US only. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to notification with shipping info and claim prize – if no response, another winner will be chosen . Subject to the official rules. No purchase necessary – void where prohibited by law. Disclaimer/Disclosure: Review product and prize provided by the giveaway sponsor. No monetary compensation received.