by Steve Ettinger
Art by Pete Proctor
Pub. date 1/4/11
Description: Wallie is mostly a wonderful dog, but his super-laziness has become a problem. So his boy convinces him to go on an adventure to get fit. With a little help from a big friend, Wallie learns how to exercise. Will he enjoy the change from pudgy pup to healthy hound or will he return to his lazy ways?
Learn important fitness concepts while following Wallie on his hilarious journey to get in shape. A special section with more information and original exercises (performed by Wallie) will get every kid (and pup) excited about exercise.
This hardcover book is cute and has a great message – fitness is fun!
Wallie Exercises encourages healthy attitudes towards exercise and fitness. The fit animal who is helping Wallie is an Elephant – a very large elephant who is fit and healthy despite it’s large size.
When Wallie has a hard time with the exercises that Edwin the Elephant likes, he is encouraged to find exercises that work for him. And he does. He plays actively and gets fit in the process.
The focus in the book is on individual fitness, not on trying to reach someone else’s ideal.
It’s recommended for ages 4 to 8. Younger children can also enjoy looking at the pictures and following along while the story is read to them. And kids of all ages can have fun trying out some of Wallie’s exercise games.
WHERE TO BUY – Wallie Exercises is available on Amazon.
PRIZE – The publicist would like to give Wallie Exercises to 1 of you (ARV $15.95)
Here’s what you need to do to enter to win ….
***MANDATORY ENTRY: Comment about the book or author***
Optional Bonus Entries: (must do mandatory entry first- post a separate comment for each bonus entry)
* Like Sweeps4Bloggers on Facebook
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by email (green sidebar button)
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by reader (Orange sidebar button)
* Post my button on your blog and comment with the link
* Follow Sweeps4Bloggers on Twitter
* Tweet about the giveaway and comment with the link to your tweet (you may TWEET DAILY for 1 bonus entry each day)
* Post on your blog/website about the giveaway and comment with the link (5 entries, leave 5 comments)
* Check out Giveaways4Prizes– add one of your giveaways to a linky or look at what’s listed (2 entries, leave 2 comments)
* Like Wallie Exercises on Facebook
* Follow Wallie Exercises on Twitter
* Enter the Chalk Talk giveaway
* Enter another current Sweeps4Bloggers giveaway and let me know which one you entered (enter as many as you’d like, but only 1 bonus entry)
Giveaway ends February 9, 2011 at 8pm Pacific Time. Giveaway is open for residents of the US only. No purchase necessary – void where prohibited by law. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to notification with shipping info and claim prize – if no response, another winner will be chosen . Subject to the official rules. Disclaimer/Disclosure: Sample and prize provided by the giveaway sponsor.