My Grammar and I…
Or Should That Be Me?
How to Speak and Write it Right
by Caroline Taggart
and J.A. Wines
Pub. date 6/25/09
Description: Confused about when to use “its” or “it’s” or the correct spelling of “principal” and “principle”? My Grammar and I . . . Or Should That Be Me? is a refresher course for anyone who has ever been stumped by spelling confusion, dangling modifiers, split infinitives, or for those who have no idea what these things even are.
Clever, informative, and fun, this delightful little handbook offers practical and humorous guidance on how to avoid falling into language pitfalls.
This book is a lot of fun. You can read it just because it’s interesting or you can use it as a reference guide or a refresher.
It covers all the basics and those pesky things that you may forget or be confused about. There are chapters about:
- Spelling and Confusables
- Parts of Speach
- Sentence Structure
- Elements of Style
The authors have a sense of humor and have made grammar fun. School would have been a lot easier if my teachers had made learning this fun.
The book will be enjoyable and helpful for adults and kids.
PRIZE – The publicist would like to give My Grammar and I to 1 of you (ARV $15)
***MANDATORY ENTRY: Leave a comment – just say something nice! ***
Extra Credit Entries: (must do mandatory entry first- post a separate comment for each optional extra credit entry)
* Like Sweeps4Bloggers on Facebook
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by email (green sidebar button)
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by reader (Orange sidebar button)
* Post my button on your blog and comment with the link
* Follow Sweeps4Bloggers on Twitter
* Tweet about the giveaway and comment with the link to your tweet (you may TWEET DAILY for 1 bonus entry each day)
* Post on your blog/website about the giveaway and comment with the link (5 entries, leave 5 comments)
* Check out Giveaways4Prizes– add one of your giveaways to a linky or look at what’s listed (2 entries, leave 2 comments)
* Enter the Rocknoceros Giveaway (ends 9/16)
* Enter another current Sweeps4Bloggers giveaway and let me know which one you entered (enter as many as you’d like, but only 1 bonus entry)
Giveaway ends September 17, 2011 at 8pm Pacific Time. Giveaway is open for residents of the US & Canada only. No purchase necessary – void where prohibited by law. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to email notification with shipping info and claim prize – if no response, another winner will be chosen . Subject to the official rules. Disclaimer/Disclosure: Sample and prize provided by sponsor.