Families of Philippines DVD
Release date 9/2011
Synopsis: Travel to the tropical Philippines with 13-year-old Khim and 7-year-old Shahani. Khim lives with his grandparents on Cebu, one of the country’s 7000 islands. He is a freshman at a school with 10,000 students. Besides school, his day includes taking care of the family’s goats, playing arcade games, gathering wood and cooking rice for dinner.
Shahani lives on Luzon with her mother, father and sister. Like Khim, Shahani’s school is large…5000 students who each wear a name tag. We follow her to opening ceremonies and English class, buy groceries with her mother, check out the large mall where her father entertains at birthday parties, and watch Shahani and her sister practice in their father’s dance class.
I love watching documentaries. It’s a great way to learn new things. These Families of the World dvds from Master Communications are designed to be enjoyed by children, but I definitely enjoy them, too.
Each dvd in the series features 2 families from the country. We get to see their daily life through the eyes of a child. It feels as if you’re tagging along with the child as they go through their daily routine. This personal view allows us to understand the culture in a way that wouldn’t be possible from the typical travel show.
The dvd shows us what it’s like for these kids to grow up in different parts of the Philippines.
You’ll learn about rural living
and city living.
It’s fun to imagine what it would be like to live in the Philippines and learning about these children gives us a greater understanding and appreciation for their culture.
PRIZE – The publicist would like to give Families of Philippines to 1 of you (ARV $30)
Here’s what you need to do to enter to win ….
***MANDATORY ENTRY: Leave a comment – just say something nice ***
Optional Bonus Entries: (must do mandatory entry first- post a separate comment for each bonus entry)
* Like Sweeps4Bloggers on Facebook
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by email (green sidebar button)
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by reader (Orange sidebar button)
* Post my button on your blog and comment with the link
* Follow Sweeps4Bloggers on Twitter
* Tweet about the giveaway and comment with the link to your tweet (you may TWEET DAILY for 1 bonus entry each day)
* Post on your blog/website about the giveaway and comment with the link (5 entries, leave 5 comments)
* Check out Giveaways4Prizes– add one of your giveaways to a linky or look at what’s listed (2 entries, leave 2 comments)
* Enter the Teacup Doggies giveaway (ends 9/14)
* Enter another current Sweeps4Bloggers giveaway and let me know which one you entered (enter as many as you’d like, but only 1 bonus entry)
Giveaway ends September 15, 2011 at 8pm Pacific Time. Giveaway is open for residents of the US only. No purchase necessary – void where prohibited by law. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to notification with shipping info and claim prize – if no response, another winner will be chosen . Subject to the official rules. Disclaimer/Disclosure: Sample and prize provided by the giveaway sponsor.