Disney Inspired Star Wars Art
Death Star Galaxy Craft
Create some Disney inspired Star Wars art, when you use my free printable template to make this Imperial Death Star galaxy craft.
The Death Star is a powerful weapon and space station that is as big as a moon.
However, despite it’s size and on board weaponry, it has suffered some damage thanks to the bravery of the Rebel Alliance.
This Star Wars paper craft is great for fans of all ages, so you can do it yourself or set it up for your kids to make.
Little ones will need some help, but crafty bigger kids can do most or all of it on their own.
The project looks great, whether it is made by a child or adult.
You can even frame it, if you’d like to put it on permanent display in your home.
Star Wars Inspired Death Star Paper Craft
Free Printable Template
Cardstock (Black, Dark Gray, Light Gray)
Newspaper or Butcher Paper to keep your work area clean
Glue Stick and/or White Glue
1) First, create your galaxy background. Color most of a black sheet of cardstock with a black oil pastel. Then, fill in the other areas with blue, pink and purple oil pastels. Smudge the colors together with your finger.
2) Cover your work area with newspaper or butcher paper, since this next step is messy. Dip an old toothbrush into white paint and flick it onto the galaxy to make stars. Set it aside to dry completely.
3) Download the free printable template and print the TIE Fighters on light gray. Then, print the Death Star twice, once on light gray and once on dark gray.
4) Add accent colors and shading on the light gray ships with pastels. The, cut out the Death Stars and as many TIE Fighters as you’d like to use.
5) Place the light gray Death Star on top of the dark gray one. Then arrange the ships on the galaxy however you’d like and glue them in place. It’s ok to place them, so they hang partly over the edges. After the glue has dried you can trim off any excess.
6) Put your artwork on display.
Download the free Star Wars Death Star template, so that you or your child can make this fun Disney inspired galaxy craft.
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
Release Date March 31st, 2020
The ninth and final episode in the Skywalker saga welcomed the return of original characters Luke Skywalker, General Leia Organa, Chewbacca, C-3PO, R2-D2, Emperor Palpatine and Lando Calrissian, along with the latest generation of heroes and villains, including Rey, Finn, Poe, BB-8, Maz, Rose, General Hux and Kylo Ren.
Newcomers include Jannah, a new ally of the Resistance; Allegiant General Pryde of the First Order; and smuggler Zorii Bliss.
More from Mama Likes This
Take a look at all of my amazing Star Wars printables, crafts and activities.
Following are my other Star Wars galaxy crafts:
Check out my other crafts and free printables, so you and your family can have lots of fun.
Many are from Disney and Shout Factory, so they feature movies, TV series and characters that your kids already know and love.
Some are educational and some are just plain fun. There are coloring pages, crafts, word puzzles, mazes, memory games and other family friendly activities.