About: The TI-Nspire CX handheld includes a backlit, high resolution color display and the TI-Nspire Rechargeable Battery. Use digital images or your own photos and overlay math and science concepts. Students are empowered to learn across different visual representations of a problem, developing a deeper understanding of mathematical concepts. When students can see the math in different ways, they are able to broaden their critical thinking skills and discover meaningful real-world connections.
This calculator is absolutely amazing! My son has been having a lot of fun playing with it (yes, math is fun!) and is looking forward to using it for school this fall.
For a lot of people, it’s hard to grasp math concepts by looking at numbers on a page. The TI-Nspire CX brings math to life visually, so that you can really learn and apply math concepts to real life situations.
We have the older TI-Nspire and like it. Really, we thought it was great. Now that we’ve tried this one, I would have to recommend that you spend a few extra dollars to purchase the CX.
The main technical difference that you’ll notice right away is that with the CX you can graph in color. It makes it so much more clear to look at a color coded graph and instantly know what’s what. This is fantastic for graphing and understanding relationships.
But… that’s not all. You can also upload images to use when graphing. This has so many practical applications for home, school and business use. You can use images for home improvement projects, astronomy, physics, architecture …. You can even make 3D graphs and rotate the shapes.
The extra thin design of the CX looks good and is easy to grip and to tote in a book bag or purse (the older version is much larger). I love that it’s got a rechargeable battery that can last for a couple weeks with regular use. The touchpad is super easy to use.
It’s easy to get started with the TI-Nspire CX, but the sky is the limit for what this calculator can do. It’s going to be a great asset for my son’s college courses and I know he’ll put it to good use later for work and personal projects.
The TI-Nspire helps math come to life, so that students can really learn and apply math concepts in practical ways.
HOW TO CONNECT – You can like Texas Instruments on Facebook and follow them on Twitter.
PRIZE – Texas Instruments would like to give a TI-Nspire CX handheld to 1 of you (ARV $165)
Here’s what you need to do to enter to win ….
***MANDATORY ENTRY: Leave a comment – just say something nice ***
Optional Bonus Entries: (must do mandatory entry first- post a separate comment for each bonus entry)
* Like Sweeps4Bloggers on Facebook
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by email (green sidebar button)
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by reader (Orange sidebar button)
* Post my button on your blog and comment with the link
* Follow Sweeps4Bloggers on Twitter
* Tweet about the giveaway and comment with the link to your tweet (you may TWEET DAILY for 1 bonus entry each day)
* Post on your blog/website about the giveaway and comment with the link (5 entries, leave 5 comments)
* Check out Giveaways4Prizes– add one of your giveaways to a linky or look at what’s listed (2 entries, leave 2 comments)
* Like Texas Instruments on Facebook
* Follow Texas Instruments on Twitter
* Enter the Aroma Naturals giveaway (ends 8/29)
* Enter another current Sweeps4Bloggers giveaway and let me know which one you entered (enter as many as you’d like, but only 1 bonus entry)
Giveaway ends August 30, 2011 at 8pm Pacific Time. Giveaway is open for residents of the US only. No purchase necessary – void where prohibited by law. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to notification with shipping info and claim prize – if no response, another winner will be chosen . Subject to the official rules. Disclaimer/Disclosure: Sample and prize provided by the giveaway sponsor.