Cuba: Island of Music
Release date 7/26/11
Description: The film is a behind-the-scenes look at Afro-Cuban music’s role in the daily life of Cubans. Filmmaker Gary Keys (Memories of Duke and Dizzy’s Dream Band) brings the audience into the heart and soul of Havana, through a vibrant mosaic of street musicians, big bands, dancers, religious rituals, and classic cars. Keys shows us Afro-Cuban music in New York City, with the music and commentary of jazz legends Billy Taylor, Candido Camero, and Chico OFarrill.
I love documentaries, music and exploring other cultures. The Island of Music DVD is both entertaining and educational.
The dvd has a very personal feel. It’s as if I got to take a Cuban vacation with my own personal tour guide who knows where to go to experience Cuba like a local.
The DVD is over an hour long. The first time, I watched it intently. It’s also nice to have it on in the background so I can enjoy the sounds while I’m busy doing other things.
The music is fantastic. It’s obvious that music is a big part of daily life and the cultural development in Cuba.
Now I have a craving for Cuban food to go along with this fabulous music ;)
PRIZE – The publicist would like to give Cuba: Island of Music to **2** of you (ARV $14.95)
***MANDATORY ENTRY: Leave a comment – just say something nice! ***
Extra Credit Entries: (must do mandatory entry first- post a separate comment for each optional extra credit entry)
* Like Sweeps4Bloggers on Facebook
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by email (green sidebar button)
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by reader (Orange sidebar button)
* Post my button on your blog and comment with the link
* Follow Sweeps4Bloggers on Twitter
* Tweet about the giveaway and comment with the link to your tweet (you may TWEET DAILY for 1 bonus entry each day)
* Post on your blog/website about the giveaway and comment with the link (5 entries, leave 5 comments)
* Check out Giveaways4Prizes– add one of your giveaways to a linky or look at what’s listed (2 entries, leave 2 comments)
* Like MVD Entertainment on Facebook
* Follow MVD on Twitter
* Enter the Starbucks Gift Card giveaway (ends 8/30)
* Enter another current Sweeps4Bloggers giveaway and let me know which one you entered (enter as many as you’d like, but only 1 bonus entry)
Giveaway ends August 31, 2011 at 8pm Pacific Time. Giveaway is open for residents of the US & Canada only. No purchase necessary – void where prohibited by law. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to email notification with shipping info and claim prize – if no response, another winner will be chosen . Subject to the official rules. Disclaimer/Disclosure: Sample and prize provided by sponsor.