New York Dolls DVD
Lookin Fine on Television
Release date 11/22/11
Description: The legendary and infamous New York Dolls at their best! Amazing rare live clips and interviews filmed by Bob Gruen and Nadya Beck in the heady days of the band’s ascension in the 70s. Footage from early shows in NYC all the way to the TV studios, clubs and swimming pools of Los Angeles. Black and white film was never so colorful! Includes ripping versions of “Personality Crisis,” “Who Are the Mystery Girls?” “Babylon” and more. See the incredible early days of the band that influenced generations of punks and rockers.
This is a fascinating look back at a band who changed the course of music.
Their musical style and outrageous performances don’t have the same shock value as they did decades ago, but they are still entertaining. It’s a very interesting look back at the history of the music and of life in the rapidly changing 1970’s.
The DVD features raw montages of some of their biggest hits:
- Jet Boy
- Personality Crisis
- Bad Girl
- Human Being
- Bad Detective
- Subway Train
- Vietnamese Baby
- Looking For a Kiss
- Who Are The Mystery Girls
- Private World
Since they used the original old footage, the dvd has a very authentic feel to it. They’ve captured the era perfectly in a way that wouldn’t have been possible with re-mastered, high-definition modern techniques. The raw sound and visuals from the live performance are essential to understanding and appreciating their impact.
This DVD would be a great gift for someone who remembers them from back in the day or for a younger person who appreciates modern music.
PRIZE – Lookin Fine on Television DVD – 2 Winners – ARV $15
Here’s how to enter to win ….
***MANDATORY ENTRY: Leave a comment – just say something nice ***
Optional Bonus Entries: (must do main entry first – post a separate comment for each bonus entry)
* Like Sweeps4Bloggers Facebook
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by email (green sidebar button)
* Subscribe to Sweeps4Bloggers by reader (Orange sidebar button)
* Post my button on your blog and comment with the link
* Follow Sweeps4Bloggers on Twitter
* Tweet about the giveaway and comment with the link to your tweet (you may TWEET DAILY for 1 bonus entry each day)
* Post on your blog/website about the giveaway and comment with the link (5 entries)
* Check out Giveaways4Prizes today – either add one of your giveaways to a linky or look at a giveaway that’s listed (2 entries, leave 2 comments)
* Like MVD Entertainment on Facebook
* Follow MVD on Twitter
* Enter the Mohawk Home Rug giveaway
* Enter another current Sweeps4Bloggers giveaway and let me know which one you entered (enter as many as you’d like, but only 1 bonus entry)
Giveaway ends November 28, 2011 at 8pm Pacific Time. Giveaway is open for residents of the US and Canada only. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to notification with shipping info and claim prize – if no response, another winner will be chosen . Subject to the official rules. No purchase necessary – void where prohibited by law. Disclaimer/Disclosure: Review sample and prize provided by the giveaway sponsor.