Disney Holiday Ornament Craft
Pocahontas and John Smith
Now is the perfect time to make this cute Disney inspired Pocahontas ornament craft, so you can display Mickey head versions of Pocahontas and John Smith.
You can hang these Pocahontas crafts on your Christmas tree for the holidays or you can make them as a non-seasonal craft anytime you’d like.
My kids and I enjoyed the original animated Disney movie that was released in 1995, but soon there will be a new way to experience the story.
The Disney live action film will be in theaters in March of 2020, so I am definitely looking forward to it.
Pocahontas and John Smith were real people and the movies are based on historical fact, but they have some Disney pixie dust mixed in.
The movies are a great starting point for children to dig into history and learn more about this time period.
Naturally, the Disney Pocohontas films are entertaining, but the subject matter is relevant today.
The crafts are simple to make, when you use my free printable template.
You can make just one of these iconic characters or both of them.
This is a fun craft for kids and adults. If you have small children, they’ll need some help. But even kids and non-crafty adults can create ornaments that look fabulous.
Pocahontas Craft Supplies
John Smith Craft Supplies
John Smith and Pocahontas Ornament Craft
2) Print each of the pages of both templates on the correct color of card stock. The color is listed at the top of each page. You’ll have extra pieces, so you can use them to make more than one craft.
3) For each Pocahontas ornament cut out two round black ears and one of each of the other pieces.
4) Glue the ears behind the head and the other pieces to the front.
5) For each John Smith ornament cut two yellow ears and one of each of the other pieces.
5) Glue the ears behind the head and the other pieces to the front.
7) Add glitter to both ornaments.
8) Make a hanger by looping a piece of twine and gluing it to the back of each ornament.
9) Let the ornaments dry completely, so that you can hang them on your Christmas tree or put them on display in some other way.
Download the free Pocahontas template and the John Smith template, so you can craft these cute Disney inspired ornaments. Put them on your Christmas tree in December or anywhere else the rest of the year.
I have a lot of other Disney inspired ornament crafts, so you can add some pixie dusted magic to your holiday celebrations.