Butterbeer Soap Tutorial
Gift for Harry Potter Fans
When you are looking to craft a Harry Potter gift, you’ll want to make this Butterbeer soap in a beer mug.
It is a fun activity for Harry Potter fans, so you can enjoy making it and then using it after the project is complete.
Butterbeer is a favorite beverage for young wizards, so it makes numerous appearances throughout the series.
The beverage was popularized in pop culture due to J.K. Rowling, but it has actually been around for centuries.
Originally, the beverage was made from beer, eggs, butter, sugar and spices, but modern kid friendly versions are often similar to cream soda.
This soap has both the look and smell of an old English stein of butterbeer.
Of course, there is no alcohol involved in this family friendly craft.
The tutorial includes instructions to fill a standard 16 oz. mug with whipped soap, so you’ll get one life size stein of butterbeer soap.
If you’d like to make several mini mugs instead, just divide it into shot glasses shaped like beer mugs.
Hope you have fun with this Harry Potter themed craft!
Harry Potter Butterbeer Soap Craft
2 1/2 cups whipped soap base
2 T liquid vegetable glycerin
6 cubes of goats milk soap, melted
2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 1/2 T of Shea butter, melted
4 cubes of clear melt and pour soap, melted
1 1/2 t butterbeer fragrance oil
1 T light brown mica powder
1/2 T white mica powder
1 each large and small piping bags (or Ziploc bags)
1 each large and small piping tips (Tips & bags available as a kit)
1) In a medium size bowl, mix in clear melt and pour soap and 1 tablespoon Shea butter.
2) Mix in 1 teaspoon scented oil and light brown mica colorant to the bowl.
3) Add 1 1/2 cups of the whipped soap base and mix on low with a hand or stand mixer for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
4) Slowly add the cornstarch and continue to mix until cornstarch is fully incorporated.
5) Continue to mix on low as you add in your liquid glycerin.
6) Mix on high until mixture begins to thicken and is light and fluffy, much like frosting.
7) Add mixture to piping bag with large tip and pipe about 3/4 of the way into the mug.
8) Repeat steps 1 through 7, but use white mica instead of brown.
9) Add white mixture to a clean piping bag with the small tip. Then, pipe to the top of the glass.
10) Let it sit for 24 hours to harden.
11) Scoop 1 tablespoon of mixture onto washcloth or sponge and enjoy in the shower.
Check out my other crafts, so you can have fun making things for yourself and things to give as gifts.