Disney Maleficent Bath Bomb Craft
The Mistress of Evil is returning, so now is the perfect time to make my Disney inspired Maleficent bath bomb craft.
These cupcake bath bombs capture the essence of this iconic character, so they will make fans smile. It is a fun craft for fans to make and the finished product makes a great gift.
The bottom base layer is the bath bomb and on top of that is a whipped soap “frosting.”
Maleficent’s black foam headpiece is the finishing touch.
I love the colors, since green, purple and black make it clear that this craft celebrates the iconic Disney villain.
It is pretty without the horns, but they do finish it off perfectly.
Will you be making these cupcake bath bombs for yourself or will you be giving them to a Maleficent fan?
Maleficent Cupcake Bath Bombs
Makes 6 Standard Size Cupcakes
Supplies for Bath Bomb Base
2 cups Baking Soda
1 cup Citric Acid
1/2 cup Cornstarch
1/4 cup white Kaolin Clay
2/3 cup + 1T Coconut Oil, melted
1/4 cup Cocoa Butter, melted
2 t Polysorbate 80
15 drops Basil essential oil
3 T Activated Charcoal
Standard Silicone Muffin Tin
1 large mixing bowl
Instructions for Bath Bomb Base
1) Add baking soda, citric acid, cornstarch and kaolin clay to a large mixing bowl. Then, whisk together until combined.
2) Mix in 2/3 cup coconut oil, polysorbate 80 and cocoa butter.
3) Add the basil essential oil and mix well by hand, so that there are no lumps.
4) Mix in the activated charcoal and one more tablespoon of melted coconut oil.
5) Divide this mixture into six equal portions and pack firmly into muffin mold cavities.
6) Dry for at least 24 hours.
Supplies for Whipped Topping
1 Large Mixing Bowl
2 Small Bowls
Hand Mixer or Stand Mixer
Instructions for Whipped Topping
1) Add soap base, glycerin and polysorbate 80 to mixing bowl. Mix on low for about 1 minute, until fluffy.
2) Add cornstarch and mix on low for another 30 seconds.
3) Melt soap base in microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds and then stir. Repeat in 30 second intervals until melted. Let it sit for about a minute, then add to the mixing bowl.
4) Mix on high speed for approximately 1 minute until it forms peaks. If it isn’t stiff enough, add a little more cornstarch and mix until peaks are formed.
5) Divide whipped soap into 2 small mixing bowls. Then mix purple colorant into one bowl and green colorant to the other.
6) Add purple color frosting to one small piping bag and the green to another. Place large piping tip into a large piping bag. Insert the two small bags into the large bag. Holding all three bags tightly in your dominant hand and pipe the frosting onto your cupcake bombs.
Supplies for Horns
Instructions for Horns
1) Download and print the horn template.
2) Place the template on the foam. Then, cut the horns with an x-acto knife.
3) Place horns into frosting.
Let the harden for 36 or more hours.
If you want more Maleficent fun, take a look at my free Maleficent printables.