Children’s Book about Chef Edna Lewis
Chef Edna is a beautiful and inspiring picture book about the life of Edna Lewis, a renowned chef, author, and teacher who introduced the world to the flavors of her home.
Written by Melvina Noel and illustrated by Cozbi Cabrera, the book follows Edna’s journey from her childhood on a farm in Freetown, Virginia, to her rise to fame as a chef in New York City.
Along the way, Edna learns the importance of fresh, local, and seasonal ingredients, as well as the joy of cooking and sharing food with others.
She also faces challenges, such as racism and sexism, but she never gives up on her dreams.
Chef Edna is a must-read for any child who loves food, cooking, or following their dreams.
It is also a great book for parents who want to teach their children about African American history and and women’s history.
Here are just a few reasons why you should buy the Chef Edna book for your child:
- Chef Edna is a beautifully written and illustrated book that will capture your child’s imagination.
- This is an inspiring story about a woman who overcame many challenges to achieve her dreams.
- Children will learn about the importance of fresh, local, and seasonal ingredients.
- The book celebrates African American history and culture.
If you are looking for a book that will entertain, educate, and inspire your child, then Chef Edna is the perfect choice.
Order your copy of Chef Edna today!
Chef Edna: Queen of Southern Cooking, Edna Lewis
Pub Date 4/18/23
Edna loved to cook.
Growing up on a farm in Freetown, Virginia, she learned the value of fresh, local, seasonal food from her Mama Daisy, how to measure ingredients for biscuits using coins, and to listen closely to her cakes to know when they were done.
Edna carried these traditions with her all the way to New York, where she became a celebrated chef, who could even turn traditional French food into her signature Southern style.
The author of several cookbooks and the recipient of numerous awards, Chef Edna introduced the world to the flavors of her home.
Cozbi A. Cabrera
4 to 8 years old
Preschool to 3rd Grade
African American History
Prize: Chef Edna: Queen of Southern Cooking (arv $18.99)
Ends 5/13/23 11:59pm ET
Check out my other giveaways, so you can have more chances to win prizes.
More from Mama Likes This
Take a look at my other entertainment articles, so you can keep up with the latest TV, movie and book news.
- Avocado Drop Earrings
- Citrus Fruit Bracelet
- Lemon Drop Earrings
- Pink Grapefruit Hoop Earrings
- Dragon Fruit Bracelet
- Dragon Fruit Hoop Earrings
- Pineapple Clip-on Earrings
- Fruit Salad Frame
- Polymer Fruit Gift Tag
- Easy Fruit Lover’s Heart Craft
- Clove Studded Oranges
- Fashionista Mouse Coloring Page
- Mouse Party Coloring Page
- Cheese Plate Coloring Page
- Mouse Ball Gown Coloring Page
- Cat and Mouse Tea Party Coloring Page
- Pink Teapot Craft
- Tea Party Craft
Printable Activity Pages
Check out my free printables, when you are looking for fun activities to do at home.
Some are educational, but others are just plain fun.
There are coloring pages, crafts, word puzzles, mazes, memory games and many other family friendly activities.
Check out the latest online deals, so you can save money and pick out some great products for yourself and your family.
- Miss A $1 Makeup, Accessories, Decor & More
- Great Jones pots, pans and baking dishes
- Seven Sisters Scones home or work delivery scones
- Southside Market food gifts
- Wildgrain bread delivered
- Warby Parker Eyewear try before you buy prescription glasses
- Sunnydaze Decor to update your outdoor spaces
- Big Feet Pajama Co for matching family PJs
What will you buy first?