Heart Craft with Polymer Fruit Slices
Make an easy fruit lovers heart craft with unfinished wood and little polymer fruit slice confetti in vibrant colors.
This simple DIY project can be made for Valentine’s Day, but is really good all year round.
Fruit never goes out of style at my house, since we love to eat it, grow it in the garden and, now, make fruit themed crafts.
This craft is appropriate for children and adults, since no advanced skills are required.
If you have a small child, you’ll want to help them with the fruit confetti just like you would help them with glitter or sequins.
Whatever your age or skill level, it is easy to make a fruit lovers heart that looks fantastic.
Unfinished Wood Hearts
An unfinished wood heart is a good choice for an easy craft project that looks great.
They are inexpensive, readily available and easy to use.
The wood looks nice for a quick craft, but you can also keep your projects for years.
Just open up the package and the hearts are ready to use.
Make sure you choose hearts that already have a hole drilled in them for easy hanging.
Some packs also include twine or ribbon for hanging.
Buy a small pack for yourself or buy them in bulk for class projects or a fun party activity for a group.
Brightly colored polymer clay fruit slices are ready to be used in creative ways.
The small bits of polymer that are made into confetti are typically used as a fun mix-in for homemade slime.
However, they are also perfect other DIY crafts including these cute hearts for fruit lovers.
The multi-colored fruit slices add a pretty pop of color to this craft.
Mine are scattered randomly, but you could also form an organized pattern.
Polymer fruit slices can be purchased as a mix or separated by type of fruit.
White School Glue
There is no need for specialty glue for this project, since regular white school glue that dries clear works just fine.
And, of course, school glue is also very easy to clean up, if there are any spills.
Mix glue with a little bit of water in a small bowl, so that you can use a paintbrush to apply it to the craft.
First, you’ll paint a layer on the unfinished wood heart.
Then you’ll add the little polymer clay fruit slices and a brush on a top coat of the glue and water mixture to finish up the craft.
Tweezers are not absolutely necessary for this craft, but they make it a whole lot easier to get your fruit pieces positioned exactly where you want them.
Pointed tweezers are best to pick up the tiny polymer and control where you are placing them.
If all you have are slanted eyebrow tweezers, they can work, too.
However, the pointed ones are better for this craft.
They are inexpensive and can get used for this and other DIY projects.
Ribbon or Twine
Many of the unfinished wood packages include twine for hanging, which is great.
If you prefer ribbon, a narrow 1/8″ ribbon looks nice, too.
You can go for a natural look or choose a color to match your favorite kind of fruit.
Easy Fruit Lovers Heart Craft
Supplies / Materials
1) Pour glue and some water into a small bowl and mix it together with the paintbrush to thin in out.
2) “Paint” the unfinished wood heart with the thinned glue.
3) Arrange the polymer fruit all over the wood heart. Use tweezers to place the tiny fruit confetti however you’d like. Scatter the fruit randomly like mine or create a pattern. Let the glue dry.
4) Paint a top coat of glue on top of the fruit slices. Let dry.
5) Hang with ribbon or twine.
More from Mama Likes This
Take a look at my entertainment articles, so you can keep up with the latest TV, movie and book news.
- Avocado Clip-on Earrings
- Avocado Hoop Earrings
- Citrus Fruit Bracelet
- Lemon Drop Earrings
- Pink Grapefruit Hoop Earrings
- Dragon Fruit Bracelet
- Dragon Fruit Hoop Earrings
- Pineapple Clip-on Earrings
- Apple Clip-on Earrings
- Fruit Salad Frame
- Polymer Fruit Gift Tag
- Easy Fruit Lover’s Heart Craft
- Clove Studded Oranges
- Fruit Christmas Bell Ornament
- Fruit Salad Christmas Ornament
Unfinished Wood Crafts
- Rainbow Painted Hearts
- Rainbow Painted Earrings
- Valentine Earrings
- Patriotic Painted Earrings
- Valentine Gift Tag
- Polymer Fruit Gift Tag
- Polymer Flower Gift Tags
- Super Star Heart
- Sweet Heart
- Fruit Lovers Heart
- Flower Heart
- Christmas Candy Ornament
- Christmas Bell
- Fruit Bell Christmas Ornament
- Rustic Bell
- Pom Pom Heart
- Team Colors Gift Tag
- Initial Gift Tag
- Buttons and Beads Gift Tag
- Washi Christmas Tree Gift Tag
Valentine’s Day Crafts
- Wood Pom Pom Heart
- Wood Gift Tag Craft
- Valentine Pom Pom Frame
- Valentine Polymer Heart Frame
- Pom Pom Headband
- Fizzy Bath Salts
- Super Star Heart Craft
- Flower Heart Craft
- Fruit Heart Craft
- Sweet Heart Craft
- Sugru Heart Mug
- Friendship Bracelet
- Red and White Layered Candle
Valentine’s Day Recipes
- Kid Friendly Floating Heart Drink
- Chocolate Heart Dip
- White Chocolate Marshmallow Fudge
- Strawberry Swirl Fudge
- Best Sheet Cake for Valentine’s Day
Free Printable Activity Pages
Check out my free printables, when you are looking for fun activities to do at home.
Some are educational, but others are just plain fun.
There are coloring pages, crafts, word puzzles, mazes, memory games and many other family friendly activities.
Free Printable Valentines
- Nutcracker Valentines
- Disney 101 Dalmatians Valentines
- Big Hero 6 Valentines
- The Croods Valentines
- Minnie Mouse Valentines
- Ferdinand Valentines
- Game of Thrones Valentines
- Dinotrux Valentines
- How to Train Your Dragon Valentines
- Sonic The Hedgehog Valentines
- Land Before Time Valentines
- Clarence Valentines
Check out the latest online deals, so you can save money and pick out some great products for yourself and your family.
- AliExpress for amazing prices on craft supplies and more
- Miss A $1 makeup, accessories and household goods
- Seven Sisters Scones home or work delivery scones
- Southside Market food gifts
- Wildgrain bread delivered
- Warby Parker Eyewear try before you buy prescription glasses
- Sunnydaze Decor to update your outdoor spaces
- Big Feet Pajama Co for matching family PJs
What will you buy first?