Valentine Picture Frame Craft with Polymer Hearts
Celebrate a loved one by making an easy Valentine frame craft with a paper picture frame and pink, red and white polymer heart confetti slices.
This craft is simple to make and it looks fantastic, whether you keep it for yourself or give it as a gift.
No special skills are needed, so kids and adults can make these frames.
Little ones may need some help, but they can definitely participate and be proud of their Valentine frame.
Paper Picture Frame
This craft starts with a ready to use paper picture frame.
The frames are available in convenient packs with twine and mini clothespins, so you can easily add your own personal touches.
They are made from sturdy cardboard that is inexpensive, but look nice when you hang them up.
I like using a white frame for this Valentine craft, since it looks nice with the red, pink and white hearts.
You could also use black or another color, if you’d like.
They typically come in sets of 10, 30 or 50 frames, so you can pick up however many you need.
It’s easy to slip your photo in through the opening at the top.
If you have a Cricut or other cutting machine, you can make and assemble your own.
However, these are very reasonably priced and it’s convenient to have them already put together and packaged with twine and clothespins.
Many of the frame packs include mini clothespins and twine, which is convenient and a good value.
The small clothespins can also be purchased separately in classic natural wood or in other colors.
Polymer Confetti Heart Slices
Aren’t these tiny hearts cute?
The colorful polymer clay slices are a convenient material that is ready to be used in creative ways for crafts, jewelry making or nail art.
They are 3 dimensional, so they stick out a little more than flat sequins.
The little bits of polymer clay that are made into confetti are often used as a fun mix-in for homemade slime, so you may already be familiar with using them in that way.
The confetti is also perfect other DIY crafts including this fun Valentine picture frame craft.
The tiny red, pink and white hearts add a pretty pop of color to the frame.
This package of hearts included all three colors, but other heart styles and colors are available, too.
White School Glue
There is no need for specialty glue for this project, since regular white school glue that dries clear works just fine.
And, of course, school glue is also very easy to clean up, if there are any spills.
Mix glue with a little bit of water in a small bowl or on a plate, so that you can use a paintbrush to apply it to the frame.
You’ll want to work in sections, so that you can apply the hearts while the glue is wet and sticky.
I scatter them randomly and then gently pat them down to make sure they made good contact with the glue covered frame.
Then repeat with additional sections until the whole thing is covered.
Leave a small area without hearts, so you’ll have a flat place to clip the clothespin.
A top coat of the glue is brushed on after everything is in place.
You can also use Mod Podge, instead of the glue and water mixture.
Valentine Frame Craft
Supplies / Materials
Small Dish or Plate
1) Pour glue and some water into a small bowl or plate and mix it together with the paintbrush to thin in out.
2) Use the paintbrush to paint a section of the paper frame with the thinned glue and sprinkle polymer heart slices on top of the glue. Gently press down with your fingers to make sure the hearts have good contact with the glue. Shake off any that didn’t stick. Fill in any gaps.
3) Repeat in sections until your frame is complete.
4) Glue hearts to your mini clothespin.
5) Let the glue set.
6) Paint a top coat of glue on top of the heart slices. Let dry.
7) Add a photo and clip the frame to twine or a light string to display your craft and your picture.
More from Mama Likes This
Take a look at my entertainment articles, so you can keep up with the latest TV, movie and book news.
Valentine’s Day Crafts
- Wood Pom Pom Heart
- Wood Gift Tag Craft
- Valentine Pom Pom Frame
- Valentine Polymer Heart Frame
- Pom Pom Headband
- Valentine Wood Earrings
- Rainbow Painted Heart Craft
- Fizzy Bath Salts
- Super Star Heart Craft
- Flower Heart Craft
- Fruit Heart Craft
- Sweet Heart Craft
- Sugru Heart Mug
- Friendship Bracelet
- Red and White Layered Candle
Picture Frame Crafts
- Fruit Salad Frame
- Burlap Picture Frame Craft
- Valentine Pom Pom Frame
- Valentine Heart Frame
- Easter Picture Frame
- Glow in The Dark Frame
- Team Colors Frame
- Holiday Decoupage Frame
- Spirit Riding Free Friendship Frame
- Peppa Pig Printable Frame Craft
Free Printable Valentines
- Nutcracker Valentines
- My Little Pony
- Disney 101 Dalmatians Valentines
- Big Hero 6 Valentines
- The Croods Valentines
- Minnie Mouse Valentines
- Ferdinand Valentines
- Game of Thrones Valentines
- Dinotrux Valentines
- How to Train Your Dragon Valentines
- Sonic The Hedgehog Valentines
- Land Before Time Valentines
- Clarence Valentines
Free Printable Activity Pages
Check out my free printables, when you are looking for fun activities to do at home.
Some are educational, but others are just plain fun.
There are coloring pages, crafts, word puzzles, mazes, memory games and many other family friendly activities.
Check out the latest online deals, so you can save money and pick out some great products for yourself and your family.
- AliExpress for amazing prices on craft supplies and more
- Miss A $1 makeup, accessories and household goods
- Seven Sisters Scones home or work delivery scones
- Southside Market food gifts
- Wildgrain bread delivered
- Warby Parker Eyewear try before you buy prescription glasses
- Sunnydaze Decor to update your outdoor spaces
- Big Feet Pajama Co for matching family PJs
What will you buy first?