Heart Craft with Polymer Flowers
A flower heart craft is fun for Valentine’s Day or anytime you want to enjoy pretty colorful flowers.
This is an easy craft for kids or adults to do alone or in a group.
No special skills are needed, but the polymer flower slices are tiny.
Little kids will need some help with the polymer confetti, just like they would with sequins or glitter.
The flower covered hearts can be given as gifts or used as home decor.
These beautiful miniature flowers are made from polymer clay and are ready to be used in creative ways.
The small bits of polymer that are made into confetti are typically used as a fun mix-in for homemade slime.
However, they are also perfect other DIY crafts like these cute hearts.
The multi-colored flower slices add a pretty pop of color to this craft.
Unfinished Wood Hearts
Wood hearts are great for crafts, since they are inexpensive, readily available and easy to use.
The wood looks nice for a quick craft, but you can also keep your projects for years.
They are ready for kids or adults to use right out of the package.
Make sure you choose hearts that already have a hole drilled in them for easy hanging.
Buy a small pack for yourself or buy them in bulk for class projects or a fun party activity.
White School Glue
Regular white school glue that dries clear is all you need for this Valentine craft.
And, of course, it is very easy to clean up, if there are any spills.
Mix glue with a little bit of water in a small bowl, so that you can use a paintbrush to apply it to the craft.
First, you’ll paint a layer on the heart.
Then you’ll add the tiny polymer flowers and a brush on a top coat of the glue and water mixture to finish the flower heart craft.
Tweezers are not absolutely necessary for this craft, but they make it a whole lot easier to get your polymer flower slices positioned exactly where you want them.
Pointed tweezers are best to pick up the tiny flowers and control where you are placing them.
If all you have are slanted eyebrow tweezers, they can work, too.
However, the pointed ones are better for this craft.
They are inexpensive and can get used for this and other DIY projects.
Valentine Flower Heart Craft
Supplies / Materials
1) Mix glue and a little bit of water together in a small bowl to thin it out.
2) Use a paintbrush to spread the thinned glue onto the unfinished wood heart.
3) Place the polymer flowers all over the wood heart. Use tweezers to arrange the tiny flowers however you’d like them. Scatter them randomly or create a pattern. Let the glue dry.
4) Paint a top coat of glue on top of the flower slices. Let dry.
5) Hang with ribbon or twine.
More from Mama Likes This
Take a look at my entertainment articles, so you can keep up with the latest TV, movie and book news.
Valentine’s Day Crafts
- Wood Pom Pom Heart
- Fizzy Bath Salts
- Flower Heart Craft
- Sugru Heart Mug
- Friendship Bracelet
- Red and White Layered Candle
- Spring Crepe Paper Flower Wreath
- Hibiscus Flower Craft
- Hawaiian Lily Flower Craft
- Flower Heart Craft
- Paper Marigolds
Free Printable Valentines
Following are some of my free printable Valentine’s Day Cards featuring characters from movies and TV.
- Nutcracker Valentines
- My Little Pony
- Disney 101 Dalmatians Valentines
- Big Hero 6 Valentines
- The Croods Valentines
- Minnie Mouse Valentines
- Ferdinand Valentines
- Game of Thrones Valentines
- Dinotrux Valentines
- How to Train Your Dragon Valentines
- Sonic The Hedgehog Valentines
- Land Before Time Valentines
- Clarence Valentines
Valentine’s Day Recipes
- Kid Friendly Floating Heart Drink
- Chocolate Heart Dip
- White Chocolate Marshmallow Fudge
- Strawberry Swirl Fudge
- Best Sheet Cake for Valentine’s Day
Free Printable Activity Pages
Check out my free printables, when you are looking for fun activities to do at home.
Some are educational, but others are just plain fun.
There are coloring pages, crafts, word puzzles, mazes, memory games and many other family friendly activities.
Check out the latest online deals, so you can save money and pick out some great products for yourself and your family.
- AliExpress for amazing prices on craft supplies and more
- Miss A $1 makeup, accessories and household goods
- Seven Sisters Scones home or work delivery scones
- Southside Market food gifts
- Wildgrain bread delivered
- Warby Parker Eyewear try before you buy prescription glasses
- Sunnydaze Decor to update your outdoor spaces
- Big Feet Pajama Co for matching family PJs
What will you buy first?