Buttons and Unfinished Wood: The Perfect Pair for a Rustic Bell Craft
This easy and beautiful rustic bell craft is perfect for anyone who loves natural or farmhouse style DIY decor.
Made with unfinished wood and natural buttons, this craft is simple enough for kids to make, but elegant enough to be displayed in any home.
Whether you use it as everyday decor or as a holiday or wedding decoration, this rustic bell craft is sure to add a touch of nature to your space.
Unfinished wood bells: The perfect blank canvas for your next craft project
Unfinished wood bells are a versatile and affordable craft material that can be used to create a variety of projects.
They are perfect for kids and adults alike, and they require no sanding or painting, making for quick and easy projects.
Unfinished wood bells are also a great way to add a touch of nature to your home décor.
No matter what your skill level or budget, unfinished wood bells are a great way to add a touch of creativity and beauty to your home.
Buttons: versatile and affordable
Small buttons are an easy and affordable way to add personality and charm to your crafts.
They come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and colors, so you can find the perfect buttons to suit your style.
The natural/earthy colors of the buttons I used coordinate perfectly with the unfinished wood bells, creating a rustic and charming look.
Buttons are easy to work with, even for kids.
The buttons can be arranged like mine or in any pattern you like, giving you endless possibilities for customization.
Choosing the Right Glue for the Craft
There are many different types of glue that can be used for crafts, each with its own advantages and disadvantages.
Here are two of the most common types of glue used for crafts:
- Regular white school glue: This is a kid-friendly, clear, non-toxic glue that is easy to use and dries clear. It is a good choice for general craft projects, such as gluing paper, fabric, and wood.
- Tacky craft glue: This is a thicker, more adhesive glue that is good for projects that require a stronger bond. It is also good for gluing materials that are difficult to glue with regular white school glue, such as foam and plastic.
Which glue should you use for this bell craft?
The buttons are small and not heavy, so you can use either regular white school glue or tacky craft glue.
I used regular white school glue when I made my craft, and it was strong enough to hold the buttons securely.
If you are concerned about the buttons falling off, you can use tacky craft glue instead.
However, I made my bells months ago using school glue and the buttons are still securely attached to the wood.
Where to Buy Craft Supplies Online
- AliExpress has a huge selection of jewelry making and craft supplies at super low prices – incredibly low prices. Plan ahead when you order, since shipping can take longer than US based companies.
- Amazon also has a good selection of supplies and shipping can be very fast.
You can get the supplies for this DIY craft project at either of those online stores.
Rustic Bell Craft
Supplies / Materials
1) Gather your supplies and plan how you want to decorate the unfinished wood bell. Create a pattern with the buttons or place them randomly like mine.
2) Squeeze a dollop of glue onto the wood and place a button on top of it, pressing down gently.
3) Repeat with other buttons until your bell is complete.
4) Let the glue dry.
5) Hang with twine or ribbon.
More from Mama Likes This
Take a look at my entertainment articles, so you can keep up with the latest TV, movie and book news.
Unfinished Wood Crafts
- Rainbow Painted Hearts
- Rainbow Painted Earrings
- Valentine Earrings
- Patriotic Painted Earrings
- Valentine Gift Tag
- Polymer Fruit Gift Tag
- Polymer Flower Gift Tags
- Super Star Heart
- Sweet Heart
- Fruit Lovers Heart
- Flower Heart
- Christmas Candy Ornament
- Christmas Bell
- Fruit Bell Christmas Ornament
- Rustic Bell
- Pom Pom Heart
- Team Colors Gift Tag
- Initial Gift Tag
- Buttons and Beads Gift Tag
- Washi Christmas Tree Gift Tag
Free Printable Activity Pages
Check out my free printables, when you are looking for fun activities to do at home.
Some are educational, but others are just plain fun.
There are coloring pages, crafts, word puzzles, mazes, memory games and many other family friendly activities.
Check out the latest online deals, so you can save money and pick out some great products for yourself and your family.
- AliExpress for amazing prices on craft supplies and more
- Miss A $1 makeup, accessories and household goods
- Seven Sisters Scones home or work delivery scones
- Southside Market food gifts
- Wildgrain bread delivered
- Warby Parker Eyewear try before you buy prescription glasses
- Sunnydaze Decor to update your outdoor spaces
- Big Feet Pajama Co for matching family PJs
What will you buy first?