Wood Heart Craft with Polymer Stars
Make a Valentine super star heart craft with polymer stars to let a loved one know that you think they are really special.
This craft is easy, so you don’t need to be a trained artist to get good results.
A small child can make their super star heart look just as nice as an adult can.
You can make one or you can make a bunch of them to give to a class, team or even co-workers.
Of course, you can also arrange a group activity for kids 0r adults to make these crafts together.
This is a fun way to use polymer confetti stars in a fresh, new way as decorations for a Valentine heart craft.
Polymer clay is a soft material that works well for beads and other craft and decor items.
The small bits that are made into confetti are typically used as a fun mix-in for homemade slime.
However, they are also perfect for DIY crafts like these cute super star hearts.
I used a pack of multi-colored star shaped confetti for my hearts, but you could use a single color or another color combo of your choice.
The polymer stars add a nice little pop of color to celebrate a superstar on Valentine’s Day.
Unfinished Wood Hearts
An unfinished wood heart is a good choice for an easy craft project that is inexpensive and looks great.
They are also readily available and good for kids and adults to use as a base for a craft project.
The wood looks nice for a quick craft, but you can also keep your projects for years.
Just open up the package and the hearts are ready to use.
Make sure you choose hearts that already have a hole drilled in them for easy hanging.
Some packs also include twine or ribbon.
You can buy a small pack for yourself or you can buy them in bulk for class projects or a fun party activity for a group.
White School Glue
Regular white school glue that dries clear works just fine for this project, so you don’t need a more expensive specialty glue.
As an added benefit, school glue is very easy to clean up, if there are any spills.
For this craft you will be using glue to stick the stars to the wood and, also, as a top coat.
Mix glue with a little bit of water in a small bowl, so that you can use a paintbrush to apply it to the craft.
First, you’ll paint a layer on the unfinished wood heart.
Then you’ll add the little polymer clay confetti and a brush on a top coat of the glue and water mixture to finish up the craft.
Ribbon or Twine
Many of the unfinished wood packages include twine for hanging, which is great.
If you prefer ribbon, a narrow 1/8″ ribbon looks nice, too.
You can go for a natural look or choose a color like red, white or pink to match the Valentine theme.
Super Star Heart Craft
Supplies / Materials
1) Pour glue and some water into a small bowl and mix it together with the paintbrush to thin in out.
2) “Paint” the unfinished wood heart with the thinned glue.
3) Arrange the polymer stars all over the wood heart. Use a lot or a little. Scatter the confetti randomly like mine or create a pattern. Let the glue dry.
4) Paint a top coat of glue on top of the polymer stars. Let dry.
5) Hang with ribbon or twine.
More from Mama Likes This
Take a look at my entertainment articles, so you can keep up with the latest TV, movie and book news.
Valentine’s Day Crafts
- Wood Pom Pom Heart
- Valentine Pom Pom Frame
- Pom Pom Headband
- Fizzy Bath Salts
- Super Star Heart Craft
- Flower Heart Craft
- Fruit Heart Craft
- Sweet Heart Craft
- Sugru Heart Mug
- Friendship Bracelet
- Red and White Layered Candle
Free Printable Valentines
- Nutcracker Valentines
- My Little Pony
- Disney 101 Dalmatians Valentines
- Big Hero 6 Valentines
- The Croods Valentines
- Minnie Mouse Valentines
- Ferdinand Valentines
- Game of Thrones Valentines
- Dinotrux Valentines
- How to Train Your Dragon Valentines
- Sonic The Hedgehog Valentines
- Land Before Time Valentines
- Clarence Valentines
Free Printable Activity Pages
Check out my free printables, when you are looking for fun activities to do at home.
Some are educational, but others are just plain fun.
There are coloring pages, crafts, word puzzles, mazes, memory games and many other family friendly activities.
Check out the latest online deals, so you can save money and pick out some great products for yourself and your family.
- AliExpress for amazing prices on craft supplies and more
- Miss A $1 makeup, accessories and household goods
- Seven Sisters Scones home or work delivery scones
- Southside Market food gifts
- Wildgrain bread delivered
- Warby Parker Eyewear try before you buy prescription glasses
- Sunnydaze Decor to update your outdoor spaces
- Big Feet Pajama Co for matching family PJs
What will you buy first?