DIY Easy Valentine Headband Craft with Pom Poms
It’s fun to craft a DIY Valentine pom pom headband and to wear the hair accessory for the holiday and beyond.
This is a festive craft project that is great for kids or adults to do on their own or as a group activity.
The red, pink and white sparkle pom pom headband is easy to make and no special skills are required.
Make yours exactly like mine or creatively arrange your pom poms however you’d like.
You are not completely covering the headband, so you’ll want to choose a color that will look nice with the pom poms.
Mine is pink with a braided texture, but white, red or black with a smooth surface would be great, too.
If you are making headbands as a group activity, you can buy headbands in bulk that are made for crafting.
These are fine for a craft activity with kids.
However, I like using a regular headband from the hair accessories section.
You can still get multipacks, but the quality is generally better.
Red, White and Pink Glitter Pom Poms
Pom poms are easy for people of all skill levels to use, so this craft will work for small children, mom’s craft night or anything in between.
I used small glitter pom poms that have sparkle tinsel in them, so they look festive.
The 1/2″ size pom poms is good to fit for my narrow headband, but you can use larger pom poms if you’d like.
Before gluing the pom poms to the headband, arrange them in order to get an idea of how many you need and how you want to organize the colors.
Regular white school glue that dries clear is ok for this as a craft that you or your child may wear just for the holiday.
However, waterproof craft glue is a better choice for something that lasts better.
Just make sure you choose one that dries clear to keep your festive headband looking nice.
Tweezers are not required to make this headband, but they make it easier and less messy.
Pointed tweezers can be used to pick up each pom pom and glue it into position.
There was zero mess, when I made my headband using tweezers as I glued the pom poms to the headband.
You can make the craft without tweezers, but may end up with some glue that needs to be cleaned up.
Valentine Pom Pom Headband Craft
Supplies / Materials
Small Dish or Plate
1) Plan the pom pom placement in whatever order looks good to you. The pom poms will stop just above the ears instead of continuing all the way to the ends.
2) Pour some glue onto a plate or into a small dish.
3) Hold the headband in one hand. Start with the pom pom at the center of your design. Use the tweezers to pick up the pom pom, dip it into the glue and position it on the headband. Repeat with the other pom poms down each side.
4) Let glue thoroughly dry. Then the Valentine headband is ready to wear.
More from Mama Likes This
Take a look at my entertainment articles, so you can keep up with the latest TV, movie and book news.
Valentine’s Day Crafts
- Wood Pom Pom Heart
- Pom Pom Headband
- Fizzy Bath Salts
- Flower Heart Craft
- Fruit Heart Craft
- Sweet Heart Craft
- Sugru Heart Mug
- Friendship Bracelet
- Red and White Layered Candle
Pom Pom Crafts
- Easy Valentine Pom Pom Picture Frame
- Valentine Headband
- Rainbow Headband
- Pom Pom Heart
- Mardi Gras Headband
Hair Accessory Crafts
Free Printable Valentines
- Nutcracker Valentines
- My Little Pony
- Disney 101 Dalmatians Valentines
- Big Hero 6 Valentines
- The Croods Valentines
- Minnie Mouse Valentines
- Ferdinand Valentines
- Game of Thrones Valentines
- Dinotrux Valentines
- How to Train Your Dragon Valentines
- Sonic The Hedgehog Valentines
- Land Before Time Valentines
- Clarence Valentines
Valentine’s Day Recipes
- Kid Friendly Floating Heart Drink
- Chocolate Heart Dip
- White Chocolate Marshmallow Fudge
- Strawberry Swirl Fudge
- Best Sheet Cake for Valentine’s Day
Free Printable Activity Pages
Check out my free printables, when you are looking for fun activities to do at home.
Some are educational, but others are just plain fun.
There are coloring pages, crafts, word puzzles, mazes, memory games and many other family friendly activities.
Check out the latest online deals, so you can save money and pick out some great products for yourself and your family.
- AliExpress for amazing prices on craft supplies and more
- Miss A $1 makeup, accessories and household goods
- Seven Sisters Scones home or work delivery scones
- Southside Market food gifts
- Wildgrain bread delivered
- Warby Parker Eyewear try before you buy prescription glasses
- Sunnydaze Decor to update your outdoor spaces
- Big Feet Pajama Co for matching family PJs
What will you buy first?