Pom Pom Rainbow Colors Headband Craft
Make an easy rainbow headband craft with colorful pom poms for St. Patrick’s Day, Pride or anytime you feel like making a hair accessory.
This handmade headband is fun to make and fun to wear.
It is a simple craft that can be made by all ages, since no special skills are required.
Little ones will need some guidance, but can mostly complete it by themselves.
This is fun for a group activity or for an individual creative project.
This acronym is how many of us learned the proper order for the colors in a rainbow.
All of the colors are pretty and they are even more beautiful all together in a rainbow.
Glitter Pom Poms in Rainbow Colors
Pom poms are easy for people of all skill levels to use, so this craft will work for small children, mom’s craft night or anything in between.
I used small glitter pom poms that have sparkle tinsel in them, so they look extra festive.
The 1/2″ size pom poms is good to fit for my narrow headband, but you can use larger pom poms if you’d like.
Before gluing the pom poms to the headband, arrange them in order to get an idea of how many you need and how you want to organize the colors.
Headbands for Crafting
You are not completely covering the headband, so you’ll want to choose a color that will look nice with the rainbow colored pom poms.
Mine is black, which really makes the bright sparkling colors pop.
White is always a safe bet for a headband or sky blue would be fun, too.
However, whatever looks good to you is fine.
If you are making headbands as a group activity, you can buy headbands in bulk that are made for crafting.
These are fine for a craft activity with kids.
However, I like using a regular headband from the hair accessories section.
You can still get multipacks, but the quality is often better.
Regular white school glue that dries clear is ok for this as a craft that you or your child may wear for a short time.
However, waterproof tacky craft glue is a better choice for something that lasts better.
Just make sure you choose one that dries clear to keep your festive headband looking nice.
Tweezers are not required to make the rainbow headband, but they make it easier and less messy.
Pointed tweezers can be used to pick up each pom pom and glue it into position.
There was zero mess, when I made my headband using tweezers as I glued the pom poms to the headband.
You can make the craft without tweezers, but may end up with some glue that needs to be cleaned up.
Rainbow Headband Craft
Supplies / Materials
Small Dish or Plate
1) Plan the pom pom placement by arranging them in order. I placed red in the center and then placed them in rainbow order down both sides. You could also start with red on one side and then do them in rainbow order around to the other side. The pom poms will stop just above the ears instead of continuing all the way to the ends.
2) Pour some glue onto a plate or into a small dish.
3) Hold the headband in one hand. Start with the pom pom at the center of your design. Use the tweezers to pick up the pom pom, dip it into the glue and position it on the headband. Repeat with the other pom poms down each side.
4) Let glue thoroughly dry. Then your rainbow headband is ready to wear.
More from Mama Likes This
Take a look at my entertainment articles, so you can keep up with the latest TV, movie and book news.
- Rainbow Painted Jar Craft
- Painted Rainbow Heart Craft
- Mushroom Rainbow Bangle Bracelet
- Rainbow Bear Bangle Bracelet Craft
- Rainbow Bear Hoop Earrings
- Painted Rainbow Earrings
- Washi Appetizer Forks
- Washi Tape Chopsticks
- Sensory Bottle
- Rainbow Pom Pom Headband
- Washi Tape Rainbow Toothbrush
- Rainbow Salt Jar
- Tie Dye Gifts
- My Little Pony Printable Rainbow Dash Iron On
Hair Accessory Crafts
Pom Pom Crafts
- Easy Valentine Pom Pom Picture Frame
- Valentine Headband
- Rainbow Headband
- Easter Headband Craft
- Easter Spring Picture Frame
- Pom Pom Heart
- Mardi Gras Headband
Free Printable Activity Pages
Check out my free printables, when you are looking for fun activities to do at home.
Some are educational, but others are just plain fun.
There are coloring pages, crafts, word puzzles, mazes, memory games and many other family friendly activities.
Check out the latest online deals, so you can save money and pick out some great products for yourself and your family.
- AliExpress for amazing prices on craft supplies and more
- Miss A $1 makeup, accessories and household goods
- Seven Sisters Scones home or work delivery scones
- Southside Market food gifts
- Wildgrain bread delivered
- Warby Parker Eyewear try before you buy prescription glasses
- Sunnydaze Decor to update your outdoor spaces
- Big Feet Pajama Co for matching family PJs
What will you buy first?