Rainbow in a Jar
Celebrate Pride or St. Patrick’s Day, when you make this cute mason jar rainbow salt craft.
This rainbow in a jar is easy to make, and you may already have all of the supplies at home.
Make a single craft by yourself or set up a craft table to make a lot of them as a party activity.
Look for a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, dream of a beautiful life somewhere over the rainbow or celebrate Pride.
Of course, you can simply make the mason jar craft anytime, since it is so cute.
Mason Jar Rainbow Salt Craft
1) Measure 2 1/2 Tablespoons of salt into each of the 6 sandwich bags, so that you will have one bag for each color of the rainbow.
2) Add food coloring to the bags to make each color one by one. After adding in the color, immediately mix well until the salt is evenly colored.
- Red – 10 drops red food coloring
- Orange – 5 drops red food coloring and 5 drops yellow
- Yellow – 10 drops yellow food coloring
- Green – 10 drops green food coloring
- Blue – 10 drops blue food coloring
- Indigo Violet – 8 drops blue food coloring and 2 drops red
3) Open up each bag and set aside for an hour or more, so that the colored salt will dry.
4) Use the funnel to add the dry salt to the jar in rainbow color order – red, orange, yellow, green, blue and indigo violet. After each layer, gently tap the bottom of the jar on your work surface to even it out.
5) If desired, top off the jar with additional salt to completely fill it. Be careful not to shake the jar, since that will mix up the layers. It can still be pretty, but the layers won’t be as distinct.
5) Screw the lid onto the jar and put on display for St. Patrick’s Day, Pride or just because it is pretty.
Following are some of my crafts that you can make to give as gifts.