Pom Pom Craft: Valentine’s Day Picture Frame
A handmade Valentine pom pom picture frame is the perfect craft to display or gift a photo of your love for the holiday.
This is a quick and easy craft, so is a fun activity for kids and adults.
Do the project alone, have a family craft night or coordinate a group crafting activity for a classroom, club or party.
No special skills are needed and even a small child can end up with a DIY picture frame that looks great.
All you need are a paper picture frame set, glitter pom poms and school glue.
You can make yours exactly like mine or you can get creative with different pom pom placement or a different color frame.
Paper Picture Frames
Ready to use sets of paper picture frames are available in convenient packs with twine and mini clothespins, so you can easily add your own personal touches.
The frames are made from sturdy cardboard that is inexpensive, but look nice when you hang them up.
I chose a white frame for this project, since I think it think it looks nice for Valentine’s Day.
You can get a set of frames in just white or with black, natural or assorted bright colors.
They typically come in sets of 10, 30 or 50 frames, so you can pick up however many you need.
It’s easy to slip your photo in through the opening at the top.
If you have a Cricut or other cutting machine, you can make and assemble your own.
However, these are very reasonably priced and it’s convenient to have them already put together and packaged with twine and clothespins.
Red, White and Pink Glitter Pom Poms
Pom poms are easy for people of all skill levels to use, so they are a great crafting material for all ages.
I used small 1/2″ size glitter pom poms that have sparkle tinsel in them, so they look festive.
You can use non-glitter pom poms or ones that are a little bigger, if you’d like.
I think it looks nice to use a small amount of pom poms as an accent instead of completely covering it.
This way the frame looks nice and the photo you put inside is still the focal point.
However, you do you and decorate yours however you would like.
Regular white school glue is fine for the frame, since pom poms are lightweight.
A stronger craft glue would be fine, too.
It doesn’t take much glue to attach each pom pom to the frame.
Just make sure you choose a glue that will dry clear, so that your finished craft looks nice.
Valentine Pom Pom Picture Frame Craft
Supplies / Materials
1) Gather your supplies and make a plan for how you want to arrange your pom poms on the frame. Make note of where the opening should be and whether you’d like your clothespin clipped in the center or on one side. Mine is on the side, so one red pom pom is on the clothespin and not on the corner of the frame.
2) Glue pom poms to the frame and the miniature clothespin.
3) Let the glue dry.
4) Use the frame yourself or give it as a gift.
More from Mama Likes This
Take a look at my entertainment articles, so you can keep up with the latest TV, movie and book news.
Valentine’s Day Crafts
- Wood Pom Pom Heart
- Wood Gift Tag Craft
- Cream Glue Hearts
- Valentine Pom Pom Frame
- Valentine Polymer Heart Frame
- Pom Pom Headband
- Valentine Wood Earrings
- Rainbow Painted Heart Craft
- Fizzy Bath Salts
- Super Star Heart Craft
- Flower Heart Craft
- Fruit Heart Craft
- Sweet Heart Craft
- Sugru Heart Mug
- Friendship Bracelet
- Red and White Layered Candle
Picture Frame Crafts
- Fruit Salad Frame
- Burlap Picture Frame Craft
- Valentine Pom Pom Frame
- Valentine Heart Frame
- Easter Picture Frame
- Glow in The Dark Frame
- Halloween Bat Frame
- Team Colors Frame
- Holiday Decoupage Frame
- Spirit Riding Free Friendship Frame
- Peppa Pig Printable Frame Craft
Pom Pom Crafts
- Easy Valentine Pom Pom Picture Frame
- Valentine Headband
- Rainbow Headband
- Easter Headband Craft
- Easter Spring Picture Frame
- Pom Pom Heart
- Mardi Gras Headband
Free Printable Valentines
- Nutcracker Valentines
- My Little Pony
- Disney 101 Dalmatians Valentines
- Big Hero 6 Valentines
- The Croods Valentines
- Minnie Mouse Valentines
- Ferdinand Valentines
- Game of Thrones Valentines
- Dinotrux Valentines
- How to Train Your Dragon Valentines
- Sonic The Hedgehog Valentines
- Land Before Time Valentines
- Clarence Valentines
Free Printable Activity Pages
Check out my free printables, when you are looking for fun activities to do at home.
Some are educational, but others are just plain fun.
There are coloring pages, crafts, word puzzles, mazes, memory games and many other family friendly activities.
Check out the latest online deals, so you can save money and pick out some great products for yourself and your family.
- AliExpress for amazing prices on craft supplies and more
- Miss A $1 makeup, accessories and household goods
- Seven Sisters Scones home or work delivery scones
- Southside Market food gifts
- Wildgrain bread delivered
- Warby Parker Eyewear try before you buy prescription glasses
- Sunnydaze Decor to update your outdoor spaces
- Big Feet Pajama Co for matching family PJs
What will you buy first?