Wood Heart Craft with Polymer Sweets
This Valentine sweet heart craft is perfect for the holiday, since candy, treats and hearts are made for Valentine’s Day!
The project is simple, so kids and adults of all skill levels can make this craft.
You’ll need an unfinished wood heart, polymer sweets and candies confetti and glue to make the hearts.
Make one by yourself or arrange for a group crafting activity at a party, in a classroom or at a club meeting.
Give a Valentine sweet heart as a gift or hang it up as a decoration at home or your office.
Polymer Confetti Sweets
You could roll your own polymer sticks with candy and other sweets, but that takes a lot of time and practice.
Instead, it is much easier to get ready to use polymer confetti slices.
The small bits of polymer that are made into confetti are typically used as a fun mix-in for homemade slime.
However, they are also perfect other DIY crafts including this one.
This brightly colored confetti has images of candy, cupcakes and other delicious sweets.
That makes this confetti the perfect decoration for a Valentine’s Day sweet heart craft.
The sweets are cute and they add a fun pop of color to the hearts.
Mine are scattered randomly, but you could also plan a more organized pattern.
Unfinished Wood Hearts
An unfinished wood heart is a good choice for an easy craft project that looks great.
They are inexpensive, readily available and easy to use.
The wood looks nice for a quick craft, but you can also keep your projects for years.
Just open up the package and the hearts are ready to use.
Make sure you choose hearts that already have a hole drilled in them for easy hanging.
Some packs also include twine or ribbon for hanging.
Buy a small pack for yourself or buy them in bulk for class projects or a fun party activity for a group.
Ribbon or Twine
Many of the unfinished wood packages include twine for hanging, which is great.
If you prefer ribbon, a narrow 1/8″ ribbon looks nice, too.
You can go for a natural look or choose a color like red, white or pink to match the sweets and the Valentine theme.
White School Glue
There is no need for specialty glue for this project, since regular white school glue that dries clear works just fine.
And, of course, school glue is also very easy to clean up, if there are any spills.
Mix glue with a little bit of water in a small bowl, so that you can use a paintbrush to apply it to the craft.
First, you’ll paint a layer on the unfinished wood heart.
Then you’ll add the little polymer clay confetti and a brush on a top coat of the glue and water mixture to finish up the craft.
Tweezers are not required for this craft, but they make it a whole lot easier to get your polymer pieces positioned exactly where you want them.
Pointed tweezers are best to pick up the tiny polymer and control where you are placing them.
If all you have are slanted eyebrow tweezers, they can work, too.
However, the pointed ones are better for this craft.
They are inexpensive and can get used for this and other DIY projects.
Sweet Heart Craft
Supplies / Materials
1) Add glue and some water into a small bowl and mix it together with the paintbrush to thin in out.
2) “Paint” the unfinished wood heart with the thinned glue.
3) Arrange the polymer sweets all over the wood heart. Use tweezers to place the tiny confetti however you’d like. Scatter the confetti randomly like mine or create a pattern. Let the glue dry.
4) Paint a top coat of glue on top of the polymer slices. Let dry.
5) Hang with ribbon or twine.
More from Mama Likes This
Take a look at my entertainment articles, so you can keep up with the latest TV, movie and book news.
Valentine’s Day Crafts
- Wood Pom Pom Heart
- Fizzy Bath Salts
- Flower Heart Craft
- Fruit Heart Craft
- Sweet Heart Craft
- Sugru Heart Mug
- Friendship Bracelet
- Red and White Layered Candle
Valentine’s Day Recipes
- Kid Friendly Floating Heart Drink
- Chocolate Heart Dip
- White Chocolate Marshmallow Fudge
- Strawberry Swirl Fudge
- Best Sheet Cake for Valentine’s Day
Free Printable Valentines
- Nutcracker Valentines
- My Little Pony
- Disney 101 Dalmatians Valentines
- Big Hero 6 Valentines
- The Croods Valentines
- Minnie Mouse Valentines
- Ferdinand Valentines
- Game of Thrones Valentines
- Dinotrux Valentines
- How to Train Your Dragon Valentines
- Sonic The Hedgehog Valentines
- Land Before Time Valentines
- Clarence Valentines
Free Printable Activity Pages
Check out my free printables, when you are looking for fun activities to do at home.
Some are educational, but others are just plain fun.
There are coloring pages, crafts, word puzzles, mazes, memory games and many other family friendly activities.
Check out the latest online deals, so you can save money and pick out some great products for yourself and your family.
- AliExpress for amazing prices on craft supplies and more
- Miss A $1 makeup, accessories and household goods
- Seven Sisters Scones home or work delivery scones
- Southside Market food gifts
- Wildgrain bread delivered
- Warby Parker Eyewear try before you buy prescription glasses
- Sunnydaze Decor to update your outdoor spaces
- Big Feet Pajama Co for matching family PJs
What will you buy first?