Sea Life Paper Craft
Make this cute printable blue whale craft with your kids, so that you can have some under the sea fun while you are at home.
Living in Southern California, I have had the pleasure of seeing whales off the coast many times over the years.
Earlier this year I got to see a blue whale up close and personal, when she swam alongside us during a whale watching trip.
It was amazing to see, and it was fun when a few dolphins joined in to play with her.
Blue whales grow to be about 80 feet long and can live for 80 or more years in the wild.
This paper craft is great to make just for fun or you can combine it with a homeschool lesson on ocean life.
The watercolor background is optional, but it looks fantastic, especially if you plan to keep the craft on display for a long time.
Little kids will need some help, but bigger ones may be able to complete this craft all by themselves.
Enjoy this under the sea activity!
Printable Blue Whale Craft
Free PDF Template (Blue Whale and Bubbles)
Construction Paper or Cardstock (Dark Blue, Light Blue and White)
Optional Watercolor Background Supplies
White Watercolor Paper
1) Download the free printable templates for the blue whale and the bubbles.
2) Print the templates using the paper colors listed on each page or use another color combination or your choosing.
3) Cut out the pieces. There will be some extras, so you can use them to make another whale craft.
4) Assemble the whale and glue the pieces together.
5) Either mount the paper sea life craft to another piece of cardstock OR continue following the instructions to make a water color background.
6) Cover your table with butcher paper or other easy to clean up surface.
7) Paint the watercolor paper with shades of blue paint. Allow it to dry completely before gluing your craft to the background.
Download the templates for the whale and the bubbles, so that you and your child can make this fun paper craft.
More from Mama Likes This
For year round fun, take a look at the rest of my free printables.
Many are from Disney and Shout Factory, so they feature movies, TV series and characters that your kids already know and love.
Some are educational and some are just plain fun. There are coloring pages, crafts, word puzzles, mazes, memory games and other family friendly activities.
Under The Sea Crafts with Free Printable Templates
- Hammerhead Shark
- Blue Whale
- Moray Eel
- Blue Tang
- Sea Turtle
- Blue Crab
- Hermit Crab
- Starfish and Clam
- Yellow Submarine
- Scuba Girl
- Scuba Boy
Basic Paper Craft Supplies To Keep on Hand
- Card Stock (White)
- Card Stock (Bold Colors)
- Glue Sticks
- Fine Tip Black Marker
- Colorful Markers