Sea Life Paper Craft
Maryland Blue Crab
This type of crab is found in the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of New England, but you can help your child make this blue crab craft at home wherever you are.
I think of them as Maryland Blue Crabs, but you may also know them as Chesapeake Blue Crabs, Atlantic Blue Crabs or just plain Blue Crabs.
Their pretty blue color looks like something out of this world, but they are very real.
This craft is great for kids of all ages.
Littles will need help from an adult or older sibling, but big kids may be able to do to entire craft from start to finish.
After you’ve downloaded the template, you can print, cut and assemble the craft.
A watercolor ocean background is beautiful and turns this into a work of art that kids can proudly display.
If you don’t want to deal with paints, you can easily just hang it on a bulletin board or mount it to cardstock or poster board.
Paper Blue Crab Craft
Optional Watercolor Background Supplies
2) Print the template using the paper colors listed on each page or use another color combination or your choosing.
3) Cut out the pieces. There will be extra eyes, so you can use them to make another crab or a different sea life craft.
4) Assemble the crab and glue the pieces together.
5) Either mount the paper blue crab craft to another piece of cardstock OR continue following the instructions to make a water color background.
6) Cover your table with butcher paper or other easy to clean up surface.
7) Paint the watercolor paper with shades of blue paint. Allow it to dry completely before gluing your craft to the background.
Download the blue crab template and the bubbles, so that your child can make this cute sea life craft.
More from Mama Likes This
For year round fun, take a look at the rest of my free printables.
Some are educational and some are just plain fun. There are coloring pages, crafts, word puzzles, mazes, memory games and other family friendly activities.
Under The Sea Crafts with Free Printable Templates
- Hammerhead Shark
- Blue Whale
- Moray Eel
- Blue Tang
- Sea Turtle
- Blue Crab
- Hermit Crab
- Starfish and Clam
- Yellow Submarine
- Scuba Girl
- Scuba Boy
Basic Paper Craft Supplies To Keep on Hand
- Card Stock (White)
- Card Stock (Bold Colors)
- Glue Sticks
- Fine Tip Black Marker
- Colorful Markers