Sea Life Paper Craft
Blowfish – Puffers – Bubblefish – Blowies
Your kids can have fun making this pufferfish craft, whether they call it a blowfish, puffer, bubblefish, blowie, puffer fish or something else!
Pufferfish are typically found in warm ocean water, which is where I have seen them while snorkeling.
Their natural shape is a little odd looking, since their eyes bulge and they have a long ‘snout.’
When they sense danger, they quickly puff up to increase their size and scare off predators.
This fish craft is great for kids to make just for fun or as part of a home school lesson.
If you are planning a visit to an aquarium or a tropical vacation, it is a fun way to learn about this unique sea creature.
Just download the template, print, cut and assemble.
Then make a watercolor background, if you’d like.
Or simply hang your blowfish on a bulletin board or mount on cardstock.
Optional Watercolor Background Supplies
2) Print the template using the paper colors listed on each page or use another color combination or your choosing.
3) Cut out the pieces. There will be extra eyes, so you can either discard them or use them to make another sea life craft.
4) Assemble the pufferfish and glue the pieces together.
5) Either mount the paper craft to another piece of cardstock OR continue following the instructions to make a water color background.
6) Cover your table with butcher paper or other easy to clean up surface.
7) Paint the watercolor paper with shades of blue paint. Allow it to dry completely before gluing your craft to the background.
Download the pufferfish template and the bubble template, so that you can make this fun sea life paper craft.
More from Mama Likes This
Following are some of my fun printable paper crafts.