Sea Life Paper Craft
Your child can take an imaginary vacation to the seashore, when you help them cut and assemble this printable pelican paper craft.
The template and instructions are free, of course.
This pelican is sweet and cute, but the ones I see at the seashore are often aggressive and loud.
Even though I see them often, I am still amazed at their strength and size.
Pelicans can have a wingspan up to 12 feet wide!
First, you’ll need to download my free template.
Then, this beautiful bird is ready to print, cut and assemble.
If you have a preschooler, you will want to help them cut out the pieces and get them positioned correctly.
If your child is older, they may be able to complete this seabird craft on their own.
Make a blue watercolor background, so that you can mount the craft and put it on display.
Or, you can skip that step, if you’d like to.
Printable Pelican Craft
Optional Watercolor Background Supplies
1) Download the free printable pelican template.
2) Print the template using the paper colors listed on each page or use another color combination or your choosing.
3) Cut out the pieces. There will be extra eyes and wings, so you can use them to make another sea life craft.
4) Assemble the pelican and glue the pieces together.
5) Either mount the paper pelican to another piece of cardstock OR continue following the instructions to make a water color background.
6) Cover your table with butcher paper or other easy to clean up surface.
7) Paint the watercolor paper with shades of blue paint. Allow it to dry completely before gluing your craft to the background.
Click HERE to download the free printable pelican template, so you can make this adorable paper craft.
More from Mama Likes This
For year round fun, take a look at the rest of my free printables.
Some are educational and some are just plain fun. There are coloring pages, crafts, word puzzles, mazes, memory games and other family friendly activities.
Under The Sea Crafts with Free Printable Templates
- Hammerhead Shark
- Blue Whale
- Moray Eel
- Blue Tang
- Sea Turtle
- Blue Crab
- Hermit Crab
- Starfish and Clam
- Yellow Submarine
- Scuba Girl
- Scuba Boy
Basic Paper Craft Supplies To Keep on Hand
- Card Stock (White)
- Card Stock (Bold Colors)
- Glue Sticks
- Fine Tip Black Marker
- Colorful Markers