Sea Life Paper Craft
Help your child make this printable dolphin craft, so you can celebrate the joy of this beautiful mammal frolicking in the ocean.
When you see dolphins in the wild, they really do look happy.
I can’t help but smile, when I see them playing in the waves, swimming and jumping.
And, since dolphins generally swim with their buddies, your child may want to make more than one of these crafts for a big ocean scene.
This craft is fun for little kids and for bigger kids.
Even a toddler will have fun helping you assemble the dolphin after you print and cut.
Bigger kids may be able to do the project on their own from start to finish.
Watercolor paint gives the background it’s dreamy, ocean-like effect, which is perfect for this project.
However, if paints aren’t your thing, you can mount the dolphin and bubbles on plain cardstock or substitute oil pastels, markers or chalk for the paint.
Enjoy this fun craftivity!
Printable Dolphin Craft
Optional Watercolor Background Supplies
2) Print the template using the paper colors listed on each page or use another color combination or your choosing.
3) Cut out the pieces. There will be extra bubbles and eyes, so you can save them for another project.
4) Assemble the craft and glue the pieces together.
5) Either mount the paper dolphin to another piece of cardstock OR continue following the instructions to make a water color background.
6) Cover your table with butcher paper or other easy to clean up surface.
7) Paint the watercolor paper with shades of blue paint. Allow it to dry completely before gluing the dolphin and bubbles to the background.
Download the dolphin template and bubbles template, you you can make this adorable under the sea paper craft.
More from Mama Likes This
For year round fun, take a look at the rest of my free printables.
Some are educational and some are just plain fun. There are coloring pages, crafts, word puzzles, mazes, memory games and other family friendly activities.
Under The Sea Crafts with Free Printable Templates
- Hammerhead Shark
- Blue Whale
- Moray Eel
- Blue Tang
- Sea Turtle
- Blue Crab
- Hermit Crab
- Starfish and Clam
- Yellow Submarine
- Scuba Girl
- Scuba Boy
Basic Paper Craft Supplies To Keep on Hand
- Card Stock (White)
- Card Stock (Bold Colors)
- Glue Sticks
- Fine Tip Black Marker
- Colorful Markers