Sea Life Paper Craft
When you aren’t on vacation, but still want some under the sea fun, your kids can make this printable paper seahorse craft.
Tiny seahorses live in warm salt water, but they can be hard to find.
It is a rare treat to discover one when you are snorkeling, diving or exploring tide pools.
When I visit aquariums, I always make sure to visit the seahorse tanks.
They look like a miniature sea monster, but move oh so gracefully.
There is a lot of room for creativity with this craft project, so kids can express themselves as they put their ocean scene together.
Choose realistic neutral colored paper or go wild with bright color combinations that would not be found in the sea.
Make one or make a huge family of seahorses.
Anything goes with this cute craft!
Paper Seahorse Craft
Free PDF Templates (Seahorse and Bubbles)
Construction Paper or Cardstock
Optional Watercolor Background Supplies
White Watercolor Paper
1) Download the free printable templates (Seahorse and Bubbles).
2) Print the template using the paper colors listed on each page or use another color combination or your choosing.
3) Cut out the pieces. There will be extra eyes, so you can use them to make another sea life craft.
4) Assemble the craft and glue the pieces together.
5) Either mount the seahorse to another piece of cardstock OR continue following the instructions to make a water color background.
6) Cover your table with butcher paper or other easy to clean up surface.
7) Paint the watercolor paper with shades of blue paint. Allow it to dry completely before gluing your craft to the background.
Download the seahorse template and the bubbles template, so that you can make this adorable ocean paper craft.
More from Mama Likes This
For year round fun, take a look at the rest of my free printables.
Many are from Disney and Shout Factory, so they feature movies, TV series and characters that your kids already know and love.
Some are educational and some are just plain fun. There are coloring pages, crafts, word puzzles, mazes, memory games and other family friendly activities.
Under The Sea Crafts with Free Printable Templates
- Hammerhead Shark
- Blue Whale
- Moray Eel
- Blue Tang
- Sea Turtle
- Blue Crab
- Hermit Crab
- Starfish and Clam
- Yellow Submarine
- Scuba Girl
- Scuba Boy
Basic Paper Craft Supplies To Keep on Hand
- Card Stock (White)
- Card Stock (Bold Colors)
- Glue Sticks
- Fine Tip Black Marker
- Colorful Markers