How to Make a Bat Hair Clip for Halloween
Looking for a bat-tastically easy and festive Halloween craft? Look no further than this DIY bat hair clip!
This jaw clip craft is perfect for kids of all ages and a great way to show off your love of these amazing creatures.
So gather your supplies and get ready to have a spooktacular time!
Bats: they’re amazing creatures that play an important role in the ecosystem and are incredibly fascinating.
But did you know that they can also be pretty stylish?
That’s right, with this easy DIY bat jaw clip craft, you can show off your love of bats in a fun and festive way.
Perfect for kids of all ages, this craft is sure to get you into the Halloween spirit.
So gather your supplies and get ready to have a bat-tastic time!
Hair Clips for Bat-tastic Crafting
To make your bat hair clips truly stand out, choose a jaw clip color that contrasts with your black bats.
For example, when you’re using black bats, try using a light color or something very bright.
This will help your bats really pop!
You’ll also want to look for a clip with a smooth surface, so you can easily attach the bats.
Avoid clips with too much texture, as this can make it difficult to get the bats to adhere properly.
3D Bat Stickers
Black 3D bat stickers are the perfect way to add a spooky and festive touch to your Halloween hair clips.
They come in packs with assorted sizes and bat shapes, so you can find the perfect stickers for your hair-raising creation.
You can choose between 3D bat stickers made from stiff paper or PVC.
Both types of stickers have lines to show you where to fold to give the bats their 3D shape.
Since 3D bat stickers aren’t sticky all over, you’ll need to use adhesive to stick them on.
Adhesives for 3d Bat Stickers
There are a few different types of adhesives that you can use to stick 3D bat stickers to your Halloween hair clips.
Here are a few great options:
- Double-sided foam tape: This is the most popular type of adhesive for 3D bat stickers because it’s easy to use and provides a strong bond. Most 3D bat stickers come with double-sided foam tape included in the package, so you’re all set!
- Glue dots: Glue dots are another convenient and easy-to-use adhesive option. They’re also very strong, so you can be sure your bats will stay put. Plus, they’re perfect for smaller projects like bat hair clips.
- School glue or tacky craft glue: This is a good option if you don’t have any double-sided foam tape or glue dots on hand. Just keep in mind that school glue and tacky craft glue will take longer to dry, so be patient!
Where to Buy Craft Supplies Online
- AliExpress has a huge selection of craft supplies at super low prices – incredibly low prices. Plan ahead when you order, since shipping can take longer than US based companies.
- Amazon also has a good selection of supplies and shipping can be very fast.
You can get the supplies for this DIY project at either of those online stores.
Bat Hair Clip Craft
Supplies / Materials
1) Gather your supplies and make a plan for how you want to arrange the bat or bats on your jaw clips. Fold the bat wings to create the shape you want.
2) Attach the bats to the clips with your choice of adhesive. I used glue dots (balloon glue).
3) Enjoy your fun and festive bat hair accessory.
More from Mama Likes This
Take a look at my entertainment articles, so you can keep up with the latest TV, movie and book news.
Hair Accessory Crafts
- Mardi Gras Headband
- Valentine Headband
- Rainbow Headband
- Easter Headband
- Halloween Bat Headband
- Halloween Bat Hair Clips
- Haunted House Craft
- Bat Picture Frame Craft
- Halloween Bat Craft
- Bride of Frankenstein Craft
- Grim Reaper Craft
- Happy Pumpkin
- Zombie Craft
- Jack Skellington Nightmare Before Christmas Craft
- Silly Monster Craft
- Pumpkin Child Craft
- Wizard Craft
- Werewolf Craft
- Mad Scientist Craft
- Disney Frankenstein Craft
- Devil Child Craft
- Jack Skellington Ornament
- Lion King Mask Craft
Mama Likes to Cook Halloween Drink Recipes
- Mad Scientist Pop Rocks Potion Drink
- Frog Egg Lemonade
- Magic Color Changing Lemonade
- Magic Color Changing Ice
- Spooky Bloody Dragon Eye Nectar
- Bloody Rum Punch Cocktail
Mama Likes to Cook Halloween Food Recipes
- Spooky Coffin Pop Tarts
- Monster Eyeball Yogurt
- Halloween Rice Krispie Pops
- Oozing Zombie Eyeballs
- Monster Snacks
- Little Shop of Horrors Feed Me Seymour Cupcakes
- Easy Spider Web Cupcakes
- Halloween Quesadillas
- Dino DNA Jurassic Amber
Free Printable Activity Pages
Check out my free printables, when you are looking for fun activities to do at home.
Some are educational, but others are just plain fun.
There are coloring pages, crafts, word puzzles, mazes, memory games and many other family friendly activities.
Check out the latest online deals, so you can save money and pick out some great products for yourself and your family.
- AliExpress for amazing prices on craft supplies and more
- Miss A $1 makeup, accessories and household goods
- Seven Sisters Scones home or work delivery scones
- Southside Market food gifts
- Wildgrain bread delivered
- Warby Parker Eyewear try before you buy prescription glasses
- Sunnydaze Decor to update your outdoor spaces
What will you buy first?