How to Make Beaded Rabbit Hoop Earrings
Make DIY rabbit hoop earrings with polymer clay beads to celebrate the Year of The Rabbit, Easter or the fact that you like cute animals.
The earrings are quick and easy to make and the bold red beads look great next to the rabbit.
The beaded hoops are great for even first time jewelry makers, since no tools are needed.
Beads are threaded onto the metal hoops by hand, so you don’t need any special tools to make the jewelry.
Polymer Clay Animal Beads
Animal beads made from polymer clay are great for making jewelry and rabbits are always fun.
The colors are typically vibrant and the beads are fairly lightweight, so they are comfortable to wear for earrings, bracelets or other jewelry.
There are a lot of different choices for the beads, so you can use whatever you like best.
I got an assortment of rabbit beads in different colors that I’ll be able to use for other beading projects, too.
There are also some great sets that include rabbits along with other types of animals.
Colorful Polymer Clay Heishi Beads
Traditional heishi (pronounced hee-shee) beads are formed from a clay made from ground up shell or stone powder.
Today the term is used for a variety of flat disc shaped beads.
The most common type of heishi beads used for DIY jewelry crafts today are made from polymer clay and come in a wide variety of colors.
They can be purchased as strands of beads, packages of loose beads and boxed jewelry making kits with beads organized by color.
Typical size of the beads is 6mm wide by 1mm thick with a hole that is 2mm in diameter.
Beads are readily available in red for making these rabbit earrings and, of course, in other colors, too.
Hoop Earrings for Jewelry Making
Earring beading hoops are readily available in a variety of sizes and finishes at very reasonable prices.
You can get a package that includes all the same size and shape hoops or an assorted multipack that you can use to make a lot of fun hoop earrings.
For this pair of beaded earrings I used round 1.2″ silver tone hoops, since that is a good size for me and many others – not too big and not too small.
You are welcome to use whatever size works for you.
If you are using bigger hoops, the finished earrings will have more beads and will be heavier.
My earrings made with 1.2″ ear hoops aren’t too heavy for me, so are comfortable to wear.
You may be fine wearing bigger, heavier hoops, but this size DIY rabbit hoop earrings is good for me.
Where to Buy Jewelry Supplies Online
- AliExpress has a huge selection of jewelry making supplies at super low prices – incredibly low prices. Plan ahead when you order, since shipping can take longer than US based companies.
- Amazon also has a good selection of supplies and shipping can be very fast.
- Beebeecraft has beads from around the world, jewelry findings and craft supplies with free shipping on orders over $25.
DIY Rabbit Hoop Earrings Craft
Supplies / Materials
Red Polymer Clay Heishi Beads
2 Rabbit Beads
1.2″ Ear Hoops (or another size)
1) Gather your supplies and decide where your rabbit should be on the hoop, so that it hangs nicely. Mine it at what will be the bottom of the hoop, when it is worn. You may want it in another position.
2) Open up the hoops and slide the heishi beads onto the hoop up to the spot where the rabbit should be. Add the rabbit and then fill in the rest with more red heishi beads.
3) Enjoy your new Year of The Rabbit earrings.
More from Mama Likes This
Take a look at my entertainment articles, so you can keep up with the latest TV, movie and book news.
Hoop Earrings Craft
- Pink Grapefruit Hoop Earrings
- Dragon Fruit Hoop Earrings
- Baseball Hoop Earrings
- Football Team Hoop Earrings
- Tennis Ball Hoop Earrings
- Basketball Team Earrings
- Avocado Hoop Earrings
- Rabbit Hoop Earrings
- Easter Bunny Hoop Earrings
- Rainbow Bear Hoop Earrings
Drop Earrings Craft
Clip-on Earrings Craft
- Avocado Clip-on Earrings
- Apple Clip-on Earrings
- Pineapple Clip-on Earrings
- Carrot Clip-on Earrings
- Ladybug Clip-on Earrings
Free Printable Activity Pages
Check out my free printables, when you are looking for fun activities to do at home.
Many are from Disney, Netflix and Shout Factory, so they feature movies, TV series and characters that your kids already know and love.
Some are educational, but others are just plain fun.
There are coloring pages, crafts, word puzzles, mazes, memory games and many other family friendly activities.
Check out the latest online deals, so you can save money and pick out some great products for yourself and your family.
- AliExpress for amazing prices on craft supplies and more
- Miss A $1 makeup, accessories and household goods
- Seven Sisters Scones home or work delivery scones
- Southside Market food gifts
- Wildgrain bread delivered
- Warby Parker Eyewear try before you buy prescription glasses
- Sunnydaze Decor to update your outdoor spaces
- Big Feet Pajama Co for matching family PJs
What will you buy first?