How to Make Easy Mushroom Earrings
The homemade magical mushroom earrings craft is quick and easy to make and the cute jewelry is fun to wear.
This is a budget friendly DIY earring making activity that doesn’t take long and uses simple supplies.
Make a single pair for yourself or go wild and make a whole bunch of them.
The earrings are fun to make in different colors to match different outfits and they can be a good money maker for those of you who like to sell your handmade earrings.
This could also be a fun craft for a fairy or fantasy themed birthday party or an Alice in Wonderland or Hobbit movie night.
Whether you are a first time jewelry maker or someone who has made lots of jewelry crafts, these mushroom earrings are great!
Resin Mushroom Charms
These little mushroom charms are adorable!
As with other jewelry charms, you will have options to choose the mushrooms that suit your style for your handmade earrings.
The three dimensional resin mushroom charms were my choice for the mushroom earrings craft, since they look super cute from all directions.
They come in a variety of colors in addition to the traditional red capped mushroom that I used.
You’ll be able to purchase a package of all red resin mushroom charms or one that includes mixed colors.
If you’d like to use other mushroom charms for this easy earrings craft, they are available in other materials including metal and polymer clay.
Are Mushrooms Trendy?
Mushrooms are very popular for jewelry, clothing and home decor.
They are good for gardeners and foodies who enjoy growing or eating mushrooms.
Fans of fantasy and fairy tale books, movies and TV shows like mushrooms, too.
A fairy can live in a mushroom house, Hobbits like mushrooms and Alice in Wonderland enjoys magic mushrooms.
Most importantly, mushrooms are really cute!
There are many options, when it comes to choosing earwires for jewelry making.
The first time I bought ear hooks for making my own jewelry, I was surprised at how inexpensive it is to get a multipack.
A whole lot of ear hooks can cost less than a single pair of fashion earrings at a discount store.
The earwires can be called, among other things, ear hooks, fish hooks, French hooks or shepherd hooks and are readily available.
Two main considerations are their appearance and comfort.
I find this style of earwires to be comfortable to wear.
Also, they are easy to use for DIY jewelry, like these magical mushroom drop earrings.
Mine are ‘silver tone’ metal, since my ears are not particular about metal types.
If you need sterling silver or 14k gold, they are still very reasonably priced.
The small circle findings used to connect jewelry components are called jump rings.
If this is your first time making jewelry at home, you can pick up an inexpensive package of jump rings to use now and on future DIY projects.
The small rings have an opening that you can open up with pliers and then close it up again when your jewelry components are in place.
They come in different sizes and in different types of metal.
I find it handy to keep assorted sizes of gold and silver jump rings available for jewelry making projects at home.
You can use jump rings to match the other jewelry findings you are using or you can mix and match, if you’d like.
Pliers are a big help, when you are making your own jewelry.
Needle nose pliers are handy to open up jump rings and attach your jewelry components together.
I find it easiest to use pliers with a short pointed tip, but you may like a longer tip.
You can use regular household needle nose pliers, if you already have them on hand.
Or you can get needle nose jewelry pliers with comfortable grips to keep with your other DIY jewelry tools and supplies.
Where to Buy Jewelry Supplies Online
- AliExpress has a huge selection of jewelry making supplies at super low prices – incredibly low prices. Plan ahead when you order, since shipping can take longer than US based companies.
- Amazon also has a good selection of supplies and shipping can be very fast.
- Beebeecraft has beads from around the world, jewelry findings and craft supplies with free shipping on orders over $25.
Mushroom Earrings Craft
Supplies / Materials
Mushroom Charms (I used resin mushroom charms)
1) Gather up your jewelry making supplies for the DIY mushroom earrings.
2) Use the pliers to open up a jump ring and slip it through both the mushroom charm loop and the loop on the ear hook. My charm is the same from all directions, so it can be hung either way. If your charm has one good side, position it to be visible from the front.
3) Use the pliers to squeeze the jump ring closed, so your charm and earwire are securely attached and won’t come apart.
4) Repeat for the second earring.
5) Have fun wearing your trendy mushroom earrings!
More from Mama Likes This
Take a look at my entertainment articles, so you can keep up with the latest TV, movie and book news.
Mushroom Crafts and Printables
Hoop Earrings Craft
- Pink Grapefruit Hoop Earrings
- Dragon Fruit Hoop Earrings
- Baseball Hoop Earrings
- Football Team Hoop Earrings
- Tennis Ball Hoop Earrings
- Basketball Team Earrings
- Avocado Hoop Earrings
- Rabbit Hoop Earrings
- Easter Bunny Hoop Earrings
- Rainbow Bear Hoop Earrings
Drop Earrings Craft
Clip-on Earrings Craft
- Avocado Clip-on Earrings
- Apple Clip-on Earrings
- Pineapple Clip-on Earrings
- Carrot Clip-on Earrings
- Ladybug Clip-on Earrings
- Football Team Colors Bracelet
- Citrus Fruit Bracelet
- Dragon Fruit Bracelet
- Rainbow Bear Bangle Bracelet Craft
- Rainbow Mushroom Bangle Bracelet
- Spirit Riding Free Friendship Bracelet
- Disney Frozen Sisters Bracelet
Free Printable Activity Pages
Check out my free printables, when you are looking for fun activities to do at home.
Many are from Disney, Netflix and Shout Factory, so they feature movies, TV series and characters that your kids already know and love.
Some are educational, but others are just plain fun.
There are coloring pages, crafts, word puzzles, mazes, memory games and many other family friendly activities.
Check out the latest online deals, so you can save money and pick out some great products for yourself and your family.
- AliExpress for amazing prices on craft supplies and more
- Miss A $1 makeup, accessories and household goods
- Seven Sisters Scones home or work delivery scones
- Southside Market food gifts
- Wildgrain bread delivered
- Warby Parker Eyewear try before you buy prescription glasses
- Sunnydaze Decor to update your outdoor spaces
- Big Feet Pajama Co for matching family PJs
What will you buy first?