How to Make Ladybug Clip-on Earrings
DIY clip-on ladybug earrings are adorable, and it is quick and easy to make this craft with basic jewelry making supplies.
The ladybug earrings are fun to make and fun to wear or give as a gift.
Ladybugs are a welcome sight in my garden, since they eat pests and leave my plants alone.
Besides that, these little bugs are beautiful with their bold red color that contrasts with black spots.
This earring craft is good for a gardener or anyone who likes these pretty winged insects.
Make a single pair to wear or make many of them to give as gifts or even to sell to make some cash.
You’ll have many options, when it comes to choosing ladybug charms for your DIY earrings.
We all have our own style, so you will be able to pick out the ones that are best for you and your personal style.
My ladybugs are made from lightweight polymer clay, but you can also choose charms made from other materials like resin, metal or plastic.
Make it easy on yourself and choose charms that already have loops attached, which makes it simple to put these earrings together.
Get a pack of all ladybug charms or choose a multipack that has ladybugs and other charms to use to make more jewelry.
Currently, both Amazon and Ali Express have ladybug charms in stock.
If you can wait a little while, save money by ordering yours from Ali Express.
Or order from Amazon for generally speedy delivery.
Pliers are a big help, when you are making your own jewelry.
Needle nose pliers are used to open up jump rings and attach your jewelry components.
I find it easiest to use pliers with a short pointed tip, but you may prefer a longer tip.
You can use regular household needle nose pliers, if you already have them on hand.
Or you can get needle nose jewelry pliers with comfortable grips to keep with your other DIY jewelry tools and supplies.
There are different types of ear clips to choose from for jewelry making.
Personally, I like the ones that have a screw to adjust them.
Set the screw to the right position to comfortably and securely fit your ear lobe.
Then you can flip them open and closed with the hinge without having to readjust the screw each time you wear them.
I find them very comfortable to wear and they stay put on my ears.
If you prefer another style of clip on earrings, that’s fine, too.
Whichever type you use, you’ll want to choose findings that have a loop on them to easily attach the charm.
The small open circles that are placed between the ear clips and the charm are called jump rings.
If this is your first time making jewelry at home, you can pick up an inexpensive package of jump rings to use now and on future DIY projects.
The small rings have an opening that you can open up with pliers and then close it up again when your jewelry components are in place.
They come in different sizes and in different types of metal.
I find it handy to keep assorted sizes of gold and silver jump rings available for jewelry making projects at home.
You can use jump rings to match the other jewelry findings you are using or you can mix and match, if you’d like.
Where to Buy Jewelry Supplies Online
- AliExpress has a huge selection of jewelry making supplies at super low prices – incredibly low prices. Plan ahead when you order, since shipping can take longer than US based companies.
- Amazon also has a good selection of supplies and shipping can be very fast.
Clip-on Ladybug Earrings Craft
Supplies / Materials
1) Gather up your jewelry making supplies for the ladybug earrings craft.
2) Use the pliers to open up a jump ring and slip it through both the ladybug charm and the loop on the clip-on. My charm is the same on both sides, so can go either direction. If your charm has one good side, position it to be visible from the front.
3) Squeeze the jump ring closed with the pliers.
4) Repeat for the second earring.
5) Have fun wearing your stylish homemade ladybug clip-on earrings!
Mama Likes This
Take a look at my entertainment articles, so you can keep up with the latest TV, movie and book news.
Hoop Earrings Crafts
- Pink Grapefruit Hoop Earrings
- Dragon Fruit Hoop Earrings
- Baseball Hoop Earrings
- Football Team Hoop Earrings
- Tennis Ball Hoop Earrings
- Basketball Team Earrings
- Avocado Hoop Earrings
- Rabbit Hoop Earrings
- Easter Bunny Hoop Earrings
- Rainbow Bear Hoop Earrings
- Mushroom Earrings
Drop Earrings Craft
Clip-on Earrings Craft
- Avocado Clip-on Earrings
- Apple Clip-on Earrings
- Pineapple Clip-on Earrings
- Carrot Clip-on Earrings
- Ladybug Clip-on Earrings
- Football Team Colors Bracelet
- Citrus Fruit Bracelet
- Dragon Fruit Bracelet
- Rainbow Bear Bangle Bracelet Craft
- Rainbow Mushroom Bangle Bracelet
- Spirit Riding Free Friendship Bracelet
- Disney Frozen Sisters Bracelet
Miraculous Ladybug and Cat Noir Printables
Flower Coloring Pages
- Hawaiian Tropical Flowers
- Sunflower Garden
- Roses and Marigolds
- May Flowers
Free Printable Activity Pages
Check out my free printables, when you are looking for fun activities to do at home.
Some are educational, but others are just plain fun.
There are coloring pages, crafts, word puzzles, mazes, memory games and many other family friendly activities.
Check out the latest online deals, so you can save money and pick out some great products for yourself and your family.
- AliExpress for amazing prices on craft supplies and more
- Miss A $1 makeup, accessories and household goods
- Seven Sisters Scones home or work delivery scones
- Southside Market food gifts
- Wildgrain bread delivered
- Warby Parker Eyewear try before you buy prescription glasses
- Sunnydaze Decor to update your outdoor spaces
- Big Feet Pajama Co for matching family PJs
What will you buy first?