Red, White & Blue Painted Bottle Craft
This easy patriotic bottle craft is perfect for the 4th of July! With just a few supplies, you can create a beautiful and festive decoration for your home.
All you need is a glass bottle and Tulip Dimensional Paint in red, white, and blue.
Simply clean the bottle and then paint it with the dimensional paint.
You can use a simple dot design like I did or get creative and add stars, stripes, or other patriotic symbols.
Once the paint is dry, you can use your bottle as a vase for flowers or as a table decoration.
It’s a great way to add a touch of festive decor to your home.
Reusing Bottles for an Upcycled Craft
Repurposing bottles for upcycled crafts is a great way to reduce waste and add a personal touch to your home décor.
There are endless possibilities when it comes to repurposing bottles, so get creative and have fun with it!
My DIY patriotic bottle is made with a pretty San Pellegrino bottle, but you can use whatever you have.
Clean the bottle thoroughly before making the craft.
This will remove any labels or stickers and make the bottle easier to paint.
Make one or use a variety of sizes and shapes of bottles to create a unique look.
There are no rules when it comes to repurposing bottles, so have fun and experiment with different ideas.
Red, White and Blue
Red, white, and blue are a popular combination of colors for flags and sports teams around the world.
These colors are often associated with patriotism, freedom, and democracy.
Here are some additional facts about the colors red, white, and blue:
- Red is often associated with blood, courage, and sacrifice.
- White is often associated with purity, cleanliness, and peace.
- Blue is often associated with the sky, the sea, and loyalty.
The combination of red, white, and blue is often used to represent unity and strength.
It is a powerful symbol that has been used by countries and organizations for centuries.
Obviously, red, white and blue are the colors of the flag of the United States of America.
However, we are not the only country who flies these colors.
Some of the other countries with red, white and blue flags include:
- United Kingdom
- North Korea
- Costa Rica
- and more!
There are also football, baseball, hockey, soccer and other sports teams that wear red, white and blue.
Dimensional Tulip Paints
This upcycled bottle was painted with Tulip Dimensional Paint, which has a shiny finish that looks wet even after it dries.
Tulip is my go-to brand for paint and other colorful craft supplies.
For this patriotic craft, I used paints from the Rainbow & Neon Dimensional Fabric Paint Pack, which includes red, white, and blue paint.
The paints are great for use on fabric, of course, but they also work very well on glass and other surfaces.
The paints have screw-on lids and a pointed tip that makes it easy to apply paint directly to the glass bottle.
You won’t need a paintbrush, since you can just squeeze the paint onto the bottle.
If you are careful, this can be a virtually mess-free paint project.
I encourage you to try this craft and see how easy it is to create a beautiful and patriotic decoration for your home.
The dimensional paint is available online, and the bottle craft instructions are simple to follow.
So what are you waiting for? Get started on your patriotic bottle craft today!
Upcycled Patriotic Bottle Craft
Supplies / Materials
1) Remove the label from the bottle. Then wash and dry it.
2) Gather your supplies and make a basic plan for your bottle craft. Yours can be random dots like mine or you can make a more organized pattern with the red, white and blue paint.
3) Add paint dots to your bottle. Paint just the bottom half of the bottle like I did or cover the whole bottle.
4) Let the paint thoroughly dry and then use your patriotic painted bottle however you would like. If the weather is hot and dry, paint will dry more quickly. If it is cold and wet, drying does take longer.
More from Mama Likes This
Take a look at my entertainment articles, so you can keep up with the latest TV, movie and book news.
- Patriotic Bottle Craft
- Painted Appetizer Forks
- Washi Tape Appetizer Forks
- Washi Tape Toothbrush
- Patriotic Painted Earrings
- USA Coloring Page
- 4th of July A to Z Word Activity Page
- Memorial Day Word Search
- Star Party Coloring Page
- July 4th Coloring Page
- Star Coloring Page
- Big Star Coloring Page
Crafts Made with Tulip Paints and Dyes
- Patriotic Painted Earrings
- Patriotic Bottle Craft
- Red, White & Blue Painted Appetizer Forks
- Painted Rainbow Heart Craft
- Rainbow Painted Earrings
- Upcycled Oui Jar Rainbow Craft
- Tye Dye Gifts for Family and Friends
- Googly Eyes Appetizer Fork
Free Printable Activity Pages
Check out my free printables, when you are looking for fun activities to do at home.
Some are educational, but others are just plain fun.
There are coloring pages, crafts, word puzzles, mazes, memory games and many other family friendly activities.
Check out the latest online deals, so you can save money and pick out some great products for yourself and your family.
- AliExpress for amazing prices on craft supplies and more
- Miss A $1 makeup, accessories and household goods
- Seven Sisters Scones home or work delivery scones
- Southside Market food gifts
- Wildgrain bread delivered
- Warby Parker Eyewear try before you buy prescription glasses
- Sunnydaze Decor to update your outdoor spaces
- Big Feet Pajama Co for matching family PJs
What will you buy first?