Sugar Skull Jack O Lantern Pattern
Wouldn’t it be fun to carve sugar skull pumpkins while watching Book of Life ?
Does your family celebrate the Day of the Dead, otherwise known as Dia de Los Muertos?
This isn’t a sad holiday, but is a time to celebrate and remember those who have already passed.
Connections with loved ones are kept alive in a positive way.
The holiday has been celebrated in Mexico for centuries. Now, it has become more common here in the United States.
It was originally celebrated during the Summer, but after the Spanish colonized the area it shifted.
Day of the Dead was moved to November 1st and 2nd, which coincides with the Catholic All Hallows Eve and All Saints Day feasts.
Those Catholic holidays aren’t celebrated much now in the US.
However, we now roll from Halloween straight into Dia de Los Muertos celebrations.
If you are able to go to a Day of The Dead celebration, you’ll see actual sugar skulls for sale along with other festive merchandise.
The colorful altars are a lovely way to pay tribute to loved ones.
Of course, there will be many who have decorated themselves with sugar skull face paint.
It is good to remember and celebrate our loved ones who have crossed over.
I’m glad Day of the Dead celebrations are becoming more common, since this is an uplifting holiday.
Click HERE to download the printable instructions, so you can carve your own sugar skull pumpkins.
More from Mama Likes This
- Miss A $1 Halloween Accessories and Makeup
Free Pumpkin Stencils
- How To Train Your Dragon Pumpkin Stencil
- Zipp – My Little Pony Stencil
- Pipp– My Little Pony Stencil
- Hitch– My Little Pony Stencil
- Sunny – My Little Pony Stencil
- Izzy – My Little Pony Stencil
- Trixie – My Little Pony Pumpkin Stencil
- Toy Story Forky Stencil
- Voltron Yellow Lion Stencil
- Red Lion Voltron Stencil
- Black Lion Voltron Stencil
- Green Lion Voltron Stencil
- Blue Lion Voltron Stencil
- Sugar Skull Stencils
- The Good Dinosaur Stencil
- Disney Inside Out Fear Stencil
- Inside Out Disgust Stencil
- Inside Out Anger Stencil
- Baymax Stencil
- How To Train Your Dragon Stencil
- Monsters University Mike Stencil
- Disney Jake Pirate Stencil
- Haunted House Craft
- Halloween Bat Craft
- Bride of Frankenstein Craft
- Grim Reaper Craft
- Zombie Craft
- Jack Skellington Nightmare Before Christmas Craft
- Silly Monster Craft
- Pumpkin Child Craft
- Wizard Craft
- Werewolf Craft
- Mad Scientist Craft
- Disney Frankenstein Craft
- Devil Child Craft
- Jack Skellington Ornament
- Lion King Mask Craft