Make Your Own Boba Milk Tea Earrings with This Easy Tutorial
Easy to make with simple supplies, even if you’re a beginner, these beaded hoop milk tea earrings are perfect for anyone who loves boba.
Made with colorful heishi beads and cute milk tea charms, these DIY earrings are sure to turn heads.
Customize your look by choosing your own color combination or following my samples.
These earrings are a great way to show off your unique style, and they’re also a thoughtful gift for any boba lover.
Whether you’re making them for yourself or for a friend, these earrings are sure to be a hit.
So gather your supplies and let’s get started!
Cute and Colorful Milk Tea Charms
Adorable milk tea charms are a fun and versatile way to add a touch of personality to your jewelry.
Made from resin or glass, these charms come in a variety of styles and colors, from classic milk tea flavors to more unique designs.
The charms are three-dimensional, so they look great from all angles.
They also have loops attached, making them easy to add to your hoop earrings or other jewelry.
Whether you’re looking for a simple way to add a pop of color to your outfit or a unique way to show your love of boba tea, milk tea charms are a great option.
What is Boba Milk Tea?
Boba milk tea, also known as bubble tea, is a sweet and refreshing drink made with black tea, milk, sugar, and chewy tapioca pearls.
The tapioca pearls are made from cassava root and are cooked until they are soft and chewy.
The pearls are then added to the milk tea and are usually served with a wide straw so that they can be sucked up through the straw.
Boba milk tea is a popular beverage in Taiwan and has become increasingly popular in other parts of the world in recent years.
There are many different variations of boba milk tea, with different flavors of tea, milk, and sugar.
Boba milk tea is a delicious and refreshing drink that is perfect for any occasion.
It is a great way to cool down on a hot day or to enjoy a sweet treat.
Boba Milk Tea Flavors and Colors
Following are some of the many different flavors of bubble tea with their corresponding color.
- Matcha – green
- Butterfly pea flower – Blue
- Taro or ube – purple
- Strawberry – pink
- Mango – yellow
Make your earrings with your favorite flavor or just choose the color that you like best.
The possibilities are endless!
Colorful Polymer Clay Heishi Beads
Small, flat heishi beads look great for homemade jewelry, so I have a big supply in assorted colors in my craft stash.
Traditional heishi (pronounced hee-shee) beads are formed from a clay made from ground up shell or stone powder.
Today the term is used for a variety of flat disc shaped beads.
The most common type of heishi beads used for DIY jewelry crafts are made from polymer clay and come in a wide variety of colors.
These beads are lightweight, so they are a good choice for making jewelry that is comfortable to wear.
They can be purchased as strands of beads, packages of loose beads and boxed jewelry making kits with beads organized by color.
Typical size of the beads is 6mm wide by 1mm thick with a hole that is 2mm in diameter.
Beads are readily available, so you can easily get colors that will look cute added to these beaded earrings.
Hoop Earrings for Jewelry Making
Cute hoops are fun to wear and easy to work with, when you are making handmade jewelry.
Earring beading hoops are readily available in a variety of sizes and finishes at very reasonable prices.
You can get a package that includes all the same size and shape hoops or an assorted multipack that you can use to make a lot of fun hoop earrings.
A pack of hoops for making many pair of earrings is often less expensive than a single pair of fashion earrings at a discount store.
For this pair of rainbow beaded bear earrings I used round 1.2″ silver tone hoops, since that is a good size for me and many others – not too big and not too small.
You are welcome to use whatever size works for you.
If you are using bigger hoops, you may want to add more heishi beads than I did for the 1.2″ hoops.
Polymer clay beads are light, but if you are adding more than I did make sure the earrings will still be comfortable for you.
If you want to use smaller hoops, that’s fine, too.
Jump Rings: The Essential Jewelry Finding
Jump rings are small, open rings that are used to connect jewelry components.
They are a must-have for any jewelry maker, and they are especially useful for making bracelets.
To use a jump ring, simply open it with pliers and then thread it through the charm and the bangle.
Once the jump ring is in place, close it with pliers.
With a little practice, you will be able to use jump rings like a pro!
Jewelry Pliers: A Must-Have Tool for Jewelry Making
Pliers are a helpful tool to have for jewelry making.
They are especially useful for opening jump rings and attaching jewelry components together.
There are many different types of pliers available, but needle nose pliers are the most versatile.
Needle nose pliers have a short, pointed tip that is perfect for grasping small objects.
They are also available with comfortable grips, which can make them easier to use for extended periods of time.
If you are just starting out with jewelry making, I recommend getting a pair of needle nose pliers with comfortable grips.
This will give you a good basic tool to work with, and you can always add other types of pliers to your collection as you need them.
Where to Buy Jewelry Supplies Online
- AliExpress has a huge selection of jewelry making and craft supplies at super low prices – incredibly low prices. Plan ahead when you order, since shipping can take longer than US based companies.
- Amazon also has a good selection of supplies and shipping can be very fast.
You can get the supplies for these cute DIY bubble tea hoops at either of those online stores.
Easy Boba Milk Tea Earrings Craft
Supplies / Materials
1) Gather your supplies and make a plan for how you will arrange the colorful heishi beads and bubble tea charms. Do yours exactly like one of my samples or come up with your own design.
2) Open up the hoops and slide the first half of the heishi beads onto the earrings.
3) Use the pliers to open up a jump ring and slip it through both the boba tea charm loop and the hoop.
4) Add the rest of the heishi beads.
5) Repeat for the second earring. Both earrings can be identical or you can mix it up and have a totally different color combination for each of them.
5) Enjoy your new beaded boba milk tea hoop earrings!
More from Mama Likes This
Take a look at my entertainment articles, so you can keep up with the latest TV, movie and book news.
Milk Tea Recipes
Hoop Earrings Crafts
- Pink Grapefruit Hoop Earrings
- Dragon Fruit Hoop Earrings
- Baseball Hoop Earrings
- Football Team Hoop Earrings
- Tennis Ball Hoop Earrings
- Basketball Team Earrings
- Avocado Hoop Earrings
- Rabbit Hoop Earrings
- Easter Bunny Hoop Earrings
- Rainbow Bear Hoop Earrings
- Mushroom Earrings
- Milk Tea Boba Earrings
Drop Earrings Crafts
- Mushroom Earrings
- Valentine Wood Earrings
- Painted Rainbow Earrings
- Patriotic Painted Earrings
- Lemon Drop Earrings
- Gummy Bear Drop Earrings
Clip-on Earrings Crafts
- Avocado Clip-on Earrings
- Apple Clip-on Earrings
- Pineapple Clip-on Earrings
- Carrot Clip-on Earrings
- Ladybug Clip-on Earrings
- Football Team Colors Bracelet
- Citrus Fruit Bracelet
- Dragon Fruit Bracelet
- Rainbow Bear Bangle Bracelet
- Rainbow Mushroom Bangle Bracelet
- Milk Tea Bangle Bracelet
- Spirit Riding Free Friendship Bracelet
- Disney Frozen Sisters Bracelet
Free Printable Activity Pages
Check out my free printables, when you are looking for fun activities to do at home.
Some are educational, but others are just plain fun.
There are coloring pages, crafts, word puzzles, mazes, memory games and many other family friendly activities.
Claris Tea Party Printables
- Fashionista Mouse Coloring Page
- Mouse Party Coloring Page
- Cheese Plate Coloring Page
- Mouse Ball Gown Coloring Page
- Cat and Mouse Tea Party Coloring Page
- Pink Teapot Craft
- Tea Party Craft
Check out the latest online deals, so you can save money and pick out some great products for yourself and your family.
- AliExpress for amazing prices on craft supplies and more
- Miss A $1 makeup, accessories and household goods
- Seven Sisters Scones home or work delivery scones
- Southside Market food gifts
- Wildgrain bread delivered
- Warby Parker Eyewear try before you buy prescription glasses
- Sunnydaze Decor to update your outdoor spaces
- Big Feet Pajama Co for matching family PJs
What will you buy first?