How to Make a Mardi Gras Picture Frame with Washi Tape
It’s fun to make a DIY Mardi Gras frame craft that is decorated with festive purple, green and gold washi tape.
Make the picture frames at home or as a group activity for a party or classroom art project.
Then, add a picture of yourself or a loved one enjoying Mardi Gras celebrations.
This is a quick and easy craft that can be made by kids and adults.
Paper Picture Frame
This craft starts with a ready to use paper picture frame.
The frames are available in convenient packs with twine and mini clothespins, so you can easily add your own personal touches.
They are made from sturdy cardboard that is inexpensive, but look nice when you hang them up.
Personally, I like either a white or black frame for this purple, green and gold Mardi Gras craft.
However, the frames are also available in natural and other assorted colors that could be used, too.
They typically come in sets of 10, 30 or 50 frames, so you can pick up however many you need.
It’s easy to slip your photo in through the opening at the top.
If you have a Cricut or other cutting machine, you can make and assemble your own.
However, these are very reasonably priced and it’s convenient to have them already put together and packaged with twine and clothespins.
Many frame packs includes mini clothespins and twine, which is convenient.
The small clothespins can also be purchased separately in classic natural wood or in other colors.
Mardi Gras Colors
There are three main colors associated with Mardi Gras parades, parties and festivities.
You’ll see purple, green and gold decorations, costumes and beads as people enjoy the celebrations.
Of course, the colors have special meanings, too.
Purple signifies justice.
Green is for faith and gold is for power.
Colorful washi tape looks great and is easy to use.
It is less sticky than regular tape, so it is forgiving to work with.
If you put the tape on a little crooked, just pick it up right away to shift it into the right position.
I used purple, green and gold washi tape that sparkles and has interesting textures to go along with the Mardi Gras theme.
Anything goes, so choose tapes that represent Mardi Gras to you.
Mardi Gras Frame Craft
Supplies / Materials
Paper Picture Frame
Washi Tape (purple, green & gold)
1) Gather your supplies and make a plan for how you want to arrange the different colors of washi tape on the frame. Make note of where the opening should be and what color or colors you’ll use on the mini clothespin.
2) Firmly stick your washi tape around the sides of the frame and use scissors to trim off any excess tape.
3) Add a strip of washi tape to the mini clothespin. Either add one long strip or small pieces of different colors. Press down to make sure the tape is firmly attached.
4) Slip a photo inside the the decorated frame and hang it up with the clothespin. Enjoy your Mardi Gras frame craft!
More from Mama Likes This
Take a look at my entertainment articles, so you can keep up with the latest TV, movie and book news.
Picture Frame Crafts
- Fruit Salad Frame
- Valentine Pom Pom Frame
- Valentine Heart Frame
- Glow in The Dark Frame
- Team Colors Frame
- Holiday Decoupage Frame
- Spirit Riding Free Friendship Frame
- Peppa Pig Printable Frame Craft
Mardi Gras Crafts
- DIY Headband
- Mardi Gras Washi Frame
- Printable Alvin & The Chipmunks Mardi Gras Mask
Washi Tape Crafts
- Mardi Gras Picture Frame
- Team Colors Picture Frame
- Team Colors Gift Tag
- Rainbow Washi Toothbrush
- Patriotic Washi Tape Toothbrush
- Washi & Beads Initial Gift Tag
- Christmas Tree Gift Tag
- Vision Board
Free Printable Activity Pages
Check out my free printables, when you are looking for fun activities to do at home.
Many are from Disney, Netflix and Shout Factory, so they feature movies, TV series and characters that your kids already know and love.
Some are educational, but others are just plain fun.
There are coloring pages, crafts, word puzzles, mazes, memory games and many other family friendly activities.
Check out the latest online deals, so you can save money and pick out some great products for yourself and your family.
- AliExpress for amazing prices on craft supplies and more
- Miss A $1 makeup, accessories and household goods
- Seven Sisters Scones home or work delivery scones
- Southside Market food gifts
- Wildgrain bread delivered
- Warby Parker Eyewear try before you buy prescription glasses
- Sunnydaze Decor to update your outdoor spaces
- Big Feet Pajama Co for matching family PJs
What will you buy first?