Make Your Own Haunted House Art
Halloween is the perfect time of year for spooky fun, so you and your kids will want to make my printable haunted house craft.
The background is created using oil pastels.
Other elements are printed, cut and glued in place.
There is room for creativity with the background colors and placement of the pieces, but this is a fairly foolproof craft.
Even if you don’t think you are artistic, you can follow the instructions and create a beautiful and spooky piece of art.
Kids and adults can have fun making it, and can be proud to display it throughout the Halloween season.
In fact, you may want to save it, so you can bring it out year after year.
Oil pastels are the perfect choice for the background, since the colors are so vibrant.
I love the orange and red sky for this haunted scene, but you are welcome to experiment with other colors.
A deep purple and blue sky would look amazing, too.
Perhaps, I’ll try that color combination the next time I make this craft.
If you have a small child who wants to make this haunted house, you may need to help them with the cutting.
Then they can help with the background and decide where to place the other pieces.
The template includes 4 ghosts. You can use one like you see in mine or you can use them all.
I hope you have a lot of fun, when you make this spooky haunted house art!
Free Printable Haunted House Craft
Cardstock (2 pages of White, 1 each of Black and Yellow)
Oil Pastels (Yellow, Orange, Red and Black)
1) Download the free printable haunted house template.
2) Print each page on the appropriate color of cardstock. You’ll see the color listed on the top of each page.
3) Carefully cut out each piece.
4) On the remaining piece of white cardstock, draw a yellow pastel circle moon.
5) Trace around the yellow circle with the orange pastel.
6) Use your fingertip to smudge the colors together.
7) Use the orange and red pastels to finish filling in the page. Blend and smudge until you are satisfied with the look.
8) Draw a border around all four sides of the page with the black pastel and smudge it towards the middle of the page.
9) Glue the fence towards the bottom of the page and the the house on top of the fence.
10) Next, glue the bats over the moon.
11) Then add the doors and windows to the haunted house.
12) Finish by gluing the ghosts to the page.
More from Mama Likes This
Take a look at my other shopping articles and entertainment reviews, so you can get some great tips for products your family wants and needs.
- Miss A $1 Halloween Accessories and Makeup
- Haunted House Craft
- Halloween Bat Craft
- Bride of Frankenstein Craft
- Grim Reaper Craft
- Happy Pumpkin
- Zombie Craft
- Jack Skellington Nightmare Before Christmas Craft
- Silly Monster Craft
- Pumpkin Child Craft
- Wizard Craft
- Werewolf Craft
- Mad Scientist Craft
- Disney Frankenstein Craft
- Devil Child Craft
- Jack Skellington Ornament
- Lion King Mask Craft
Free Halloween Activity Pages
- Peppa Pig Halloween Maze
- Printable Peppa Magic Wand
- Halloween Connect The Dots
- Peppa Halloween Counting Activity
- Sugar Skull Adult Coloring Page
- Frankenweenie Sparky Maze
- Jim Henson Halloween Coloring Page
Free Pumpkin Stencils
- How To Train Your Dragon Pumpkin Stencil
- My Little Pony Pumpkin Stencil
- Toy Story Forky Stencil
- Voltron Yellow Lion Stencil
- Red Lion Voltron Stencil
- Black Lion Voltron Stencil
- Green Lion Voltron Stencil
- Blue Lion Voltron Stencil
- Sugar Skull Stencils
- The Good Dinosaur Stencil
- Disney Inside Out Fear Stencil
- Inside Out Disgust Stencil
- Inside Out Anger Stencil
- Baymax Stencil
- How To Train Your Dragon Stencil
- Monsters University Mike Stencil
- Disney Jake Pirate Stencil
Free Printable Masks
- Space Jam Tweety Mask
- Taz Mask
- Daffy Duck Mask
- Sylvester Mask
- Tom Mask
- Jerry Mask
- Miraculous Ladybug Mask
- Miraculous Cat Noir Mask
- Princess Fiona Mask
- Shrek Mask
- Donkey Mask
- Puss in Boots Mask
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Masks
- Hotel Transylvania Murray Mask
- HT Dracula Mask
- Mavis Mask
- Lion King Masks
- Winnie The Pooh and Tigger Masks
- Scooby Doo Mask
- Shaggy Mask
- Velma Mask
- Daphne Mask
- Fred Mask
- Scooby Doo KISS Mask
- Marvel Ant Man Mask
- Toothless Dragon Mask
- Meatlug Dragon Mask
- Hiccup Mask
- Kung Fu Panda Shifu Mask
- Patchi Dinosaur Mask
- Gorgosaurus Mask
- The Croods Punch Monkey Mask
- The Croods Chunky The Cat Mask
- Oz Great and Powerful Monkey Mask
- The Nut Job Buddy Mask