New Children’s Book by Helena Ku Rhee
Sora’s Seashells is a beautiful picture book that tells the story of a young girl who learns the meaning of her name.
The illustrations are stunning and bring the story to life, while the heartwarming story teaches children about the importance of kindness, confidence, and family.
This is a book that children will love to read over and over again, and it is a great way to encourage them to love reading.
Why You Should Buy Sora’s Seashells for Your Child
- Positive messaging. The book is full of positive messages, which are all important lessons for children to learn.
- Beautiful illustrations. The illustrations in this picture book were a team effort by two different artists. They are full of color and detail, and they really bring the story to life.
- Encourages reading. Reading with small children is a great way to encourage them to become lifelong readers. Sora’s Seashells is a book that children will want to read over and over again.
- Improves literacy skills. Reading aloud to children helps them to develop their vocabulary and learn how to sound out words.
- Encourages imagination. When children listen to stories, they are able to picture the characters and setting in their minds. This helps to develop their imaginations.
- Promotes bonding. Reading aloud is a great way to spend time with children and connect with them on a personal level. This book, in particular, can spark some great conversations with your child.
Children will love this book, and it will help them to learn and grow.
Buy it today!
Sora’s Seashells: A Name Is a Gift to Be Treasured
Pub Date 5/9/23
Every summer, when Sora’s Halmoni, or grandmother, visits from South Korea, the two of them take the bus to the beach to search for seashells.
While Sora likes to take all of them back with her, Halmoni always leaves the prettiest shell for someone else to find and treasure.
As summer turns to fall, Halmoni returns home and Sora starts kindergarten, where some of the kids tease her about her “weird” name.
One day, Sora’s parents receive a sad call about her grandmother, and Sora feels more lost than ever about who she is and how she fits in.
But when her parents reveal the origin of her name, Sora channels a newfound pride and, inspired by Halmoni, combats her peers’ hurtful comments by sharing her shells with everyone in her class.
Helena Ku Rhee
4 to 6 years old
Preschool to 1st Grade
Prize: Sora’s Seashells by Helena Ku Rhee (arv $17.99)
Ends 6/9/23 11:59pm ET
Check out my other giveaways, so you can have more chances to win prizes.
More from Mama Likes This
Take a look at my other entertainment articles, so you can keep up with the latest TV, movie and book news.
Under The Sea Crafts with Free Printable Templates
- Hammerhead Shark
- Blue Whale
- Moray Eel
- Blue Tang
- Sea Turtle
- Blue Crab
- Hermit Crab
- Starfish and Clam
- Yellow Submarine
- Scuba Girl
- Scuba Boy
Basic Paper Craft Supplies To Keep on Hand
- Card Stock (White)
- Card Stock (Bold Colors)
- Glue Sticks
- Fine Tip Black Marker
- Colorful Markers
Printable Activity Pages
Check out my free printables, when you are looking for fun activities to do at home.
Many are from Disney, Netflix and Shout Factory, so they feature movies, TV series and characters that your kids already know and love.
Some are educational, but others are just plain fun.
There are coloring pages, crafts, word puzzles, mazes, memory games and many other family friendly activities.
Check out the latest online deals, so you can save money and pick out some great products for yourself and your family.
- Miss A $1 Makeup, Accessories, Decor & More
- Great Jones pots, pans and baking dishes
- Seven Sisters Scones home or work delivery scones
- Southside Market food gifts
- Wildgrain bread delivered
- Warby Parker Eyewear try before you buy prescription glasses
- Sunnydaze Decor to update your outdoor spaces
- Big Feet Pajama Co for matching family PJs
What will you buy first?